GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone in the Dallas area wanna go to Redline Dragway to play around, i'm going to see what my truck runs now. if you don't know where the tracks at, it's right off of 30 in royse city. so any u dallas guys up for it? the gates open at 6:00 and race till 12-2a.m :head:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slow as shit, [email protected], that nelson tune didn't do a thing :imo i will be giving Allen a call today. i'm probably going to put a procharger on it and be done :D but untill then i think my truck sucks for power :bawl:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have probably 230miles on the tune so i would guess that it's broken in, i will go back to the track this week and see if putting more miles on it helps any. but damn, i thought 3.90 gears, posi, and a tune would at least get me a 10.50 or so. but i dunno.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
turbocody said:
i have probably 230miles on the tune so i would guess that it's broken in, i will go back to the track this week and see if putting more miles on it helps any. but damn, i thought 3.90 gears, posi, and a tune would at least get me a 10.50 or so. but i dunno.

what size is your truck?.. EC?.. do you have aftermarket wheels?...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine is a SC, i think it weighs 4100 or so. but i can tell by my times that i have wasted alot of money. i talked to Allen and he said that the TQ is kicking in more due to the gears, but i will go to the track on weds. and see if putting more miles on it helps.i almost beat a modded HEMI but after half track he got me by 2 car lenths. i will probably have Allen make me another tune here in about a week or 2. Black Chrome, i have headers, exhaust, modded intake, Tune, 3.90 gears, Eaton Posi, and still only gained a fuckin 2 tenths and 2.1/2 mph. if this heap don't do any better than this im gonna put i damn procharger on it and say quits.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
turbocody said:
mine is a SC, i think it weighs 4100 or so. but i can tell by my times that i have wasted alot of money. i talked to Allen and he said that the TQ is kicking in more due to the gears, but i will go to the track on weds. and see if putting more miles on it helps.i almost beat a modded HEMI but after half track he got me by 2 car lenths. i will probably have Allen make me another tune here in about a week or 2. Black Chrome, i have headers, exhaust, modded intake, Tune, 3.90 gears, Eaton Posi, and still only gained a fuckin 2 tenths and 2.1/2 mph. if this heap don't do any better than this im gonna put i damn procharger on it and say quits.

i put in my 4.10's and eaton and then put on the 20's and my times didnt change, they stayed at 16.4... i figured i would have at least gained a little...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have the 4.3l, i know, not the ideal engine. i also have stock rims with stock size tires. but shit, if i can make my buick haul ass, i will try to make my truck do the same, just not as fast of course.

·
Registered
703 Posts
There is still something up, if black chrome is running the same 1/8th times without a tune or the lower gears then you need to figure out whats goin on with your rig cody

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
Slvrpismochevy96 said:
There is still something up, if black chrome is running the same 1/8th times without a tune or the lower gears then you need to figure out whats goin on with your rig cody

im tellin ya... the enviroment you race in is your worst enemy... :read:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, i know the heat and humidity are bad right now in Texas but that is only a tenth or 2 maybe so i would still say my shit is slow. but then again, my buddy was watching me race and he swore that i was spinning alittle for the first 60", so i have no damn idea whats up with my truck. maybe its traction, but i dowt it. :imo

·
Registered
736 Posts
that elevation thing could come into account, i never understood it but arent cars slawer down south? also, if u ever wanna sell u headers, just pm me :anitoof:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, i went to the track again last night hopeing for a better time and sure enough i got it. my fastest prevoius run was a [email protected] and last night i got a [email protected] so it picked up 2.5 tenths and gained 1mph, but the weather was very nice, probably 15 degrees cooler but i still think the truck picked up alittle on its own. so i guess putting more miles on the tune helped. the truck is still slow :imo turbo will be going on on about 3-4 months hopefully :head:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts