GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after talkin to some friends it was either finsh my motor or bag my truck and then he pointed out that my current motor runs just fine and i saif=d huh? guess ur right. so bags it is, i think i am ging to order from suicide doors as they are pretty close to me and helpful,how are there prices compared to others and does anybody have any recomendations instead of sucide doors. i am not wanting anything fast so that it damn near jumps off the ground or slams so hard you piss blood, i just want to be able to lay out on 20's and still have a nice ride, they setup will be mounted under the bed next to the fuel cell. and i would also like to use an air mangment system maybe the one from aim, and i know they are a shoddy company andthat would be the limit as to what i bought from them if that. i also dont know of what size tank to get, i wont be hittin the switches a whole lot, maybe to show off occasionally but its more for ride comfort and performance. and i have been lookin at the az compressors but there pricey. so what do you guys think would be a good reliable setup, at a decnt price. oh sd quated me $1450 for every thing but the air mgt. system. sorry for the long book i wrote.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
What kind of truck is this, are you gonna run a 2 link of 4 link??

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
89 1500 2wd rcsb, dont know of what type of setup yet, looking for something that is gonna ride and handle well. not lookin for crazy lift or anything just simple and reliable. i will be runnin 265-35-20's also.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump

·
Registered
593 Posts
this setup rode very nice for me, but the rear didnt get that much lift.

for the front your going to need: 2 inch drop spindles, cups, bags. ive heard good things about slams, and ive had good experience from conti's.

for the rear: parallel 4 link, f9000 sleeve bags, step notch w/bridge.

air supply: 3/8 or 1/2inch valves(i ran the asco manifold and it kept everything clean and simple), line, 5+ gallons, either a AZ compressor or EDC.

you also need to do little things like lift teh gas tank, notch for tie rods and the bags in the front, etc...

heres a pic of mine. only problem i had was the tank limited how much i could play around with the bags. if i did it again id do edc and 2-8 gallons.

1434987837_l.gif

this is max lift for the rear.
2002_0305Image0003.gif

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I bought everything for my truck from suicide doors. but i would also suggest gravity-werx.com. Good guys and fats shipping I ordered a couple of thinsg from them for a buddy of mine.

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was thinkin of a 2link with a watts link and mounting the bags on the two link, i wont have the stock tank i will have a fuel cell mounted in the rear under the bed pretty much right in between where the one truck posted has got his valves and compressor. i have been told to steer clear of a 2 link though?

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whats the benifit of going 4 link instead of 2 link, hell nascar still runs a 2 link! not being an ass just wanting to make a good decision, i know alot of people are big fans of the kp 6 link but i dont need crazy lift in the rear and just enough in the front to clear 265-35-20's, i just want this so i can clear driveways and speed bumps and still ride low and keep a decent ride, i was really just gonna go static or coilovers and 4 link with coilovers but i have never had a bagged ride and all my friends said once i have one done right i wont go back.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
whats the benifit of going 4 link instead of 2 link, hell nascar still runs a 2 link! not being an ass just wanting to make a good decision, i know alot of people are big fans of the kp 6 link but i dont need crazy lift in the rear and just enough in the front to clear 265-35-20's, i just want this so i can clear driveways and speed bumps and still ride low and keep a decent ride, i was really just gonna go static or coilovers and 4 link with coilovers but i have never had a bagged ride and all my friends said once i have one done right i wont go back.
Cause with a 2 link you take the risk of high pinion angle changes. Some people swear by them I don't. But I thought nascars ran 4 links. I know drag cars do. But also a nascar will not see the different number of right heights everyday that your truck will see. Going up driveways and suck with a 2 link I hear can get fun, as in hit it at an angle and 1 rear tire will come off the ground. Where a 4 link will keep the axle in position but allow for flex of the axle side to side.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
DO NOT RUN A 2 LINK!...PLEASE!.....

for the price a 4 link is a much better option and much safer too....if you are lookin for a nice ride quality i would do a 4-link with sleeve bags over/behind the axle...

oh and dont buy anything from shAIM Industries/Chassis Tech, there stuff is nothing but shit!

·
T Nigs
1,318 Posts
i know a guy that had a 2 link for like 3 years and never had one problem with it. some people mostly swear by 6 links because they've never had bags but just like how sweet it is and therfor talk about them alot. personally i could care less about hitting sides so if i went with a 2 link it would be from a reputable company like extensive where there stuff is proven. if i had money to spare then hell yea id go with a 6 link. but in certain situations a 2 link would be plenty fine you just cant stress those bars to much. but if you have the extra money go 4 link its just that added insurance if your not completely sure what you want.

·
Registered
593 Posts
might as well do it right. 2 link is going to limit the trucks capability. its a downgrade from leafs. 3 link or more. also, if u get a 4link, mount it parrallel or triangulated. i dont know what its called, but when you mount two bars in front and two bars in back, it doesnt help yyour pinion angle

·
Registered
252 Posts
i know its traingulated but that wishbone link doesnt look like it would owrk with the gas tank being in the way...when lifted it would hit..?
He will be running a fuel cell. :read: So that kit would be a great start for him. That way he doesn't need a Watts link or panhard bar.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts