GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a set up with a good sound and noticeable gains. Also, who makes a good header. Price isn't really a concern.
Thanks

·
04sierra4.3
38 Posts
I was wondering the same thing mykrinkle. I was thinking about the gibson supertruck. I did not get to hear it though. Does anyone here have one installed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking at the supertruck cat back but Nelson(Farmtruc) thinks that I should get a Corsa. Does anyone know if Corsa makes one for the 4.3 cause I had a hard time locating one.

·
04sierra4.3
38 Posts
Badassilverado said:
I'd recommend Dynomax for the 4.3. I've ran a few different cat back systems now: Dynomax, Magnaflow, Ravin', and glasspacks. Tried out tips w/ the glasspacks but have had it dumped for a few years. Out of all of them the Dynomax had the best sound "hands down." Sounded great at any RPM's. Was actually pretty loud and VERY deep, not throaty like a Flowmaster.

Is that dynomax a single pipe or dual? Also was the the ultra flow or the super turbo system?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would check Borla for a catback exhaust. I am not sure if they make one for that truck or not, but if they did im sure it'd sound the best.

·
Registered
37 Posts
mrkrinkle said:
I was looking at the supertruck cat back but Nelson(Farmtruc) thinks that I should get a Corsa. Does anyone know if Corsa makes one for the 4.3 cause I had a hard time locating one.

i dont think they do, but if they do, get that.... hmm... corsa :drool:

·
Registered
736 Posts
I am running Gibson. and i have a alot of exp. with the 4.3L Gibson is the "throatiest" exhaust on the market for the 4.3L, but its quiet, very quiet. the supertruck is loud but not as throaty. when the drive is act. driving, the exhaust is loud and deep, because the motor is actually pushing, but when u rev it its not as deep, but it has a nice throaty quite idle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts