GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so called randy gear place, out of Fresno, ca. The quoted me 985.16 for Front and Rear 5.13 yukon gears, Master overhail kits, and Detroit true track posi.

1. Is that a good deal
2. Those Detroit true track any good

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Sounds like a good price, but I've never heard of Gear Place here in town.....most people go to Fearless Gear....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. How much are they charging you for the truetrac?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
I paid $877.85 from Stephen at Expert Offroad (Dark Eternal) on here for some yukon 4.56's and a tru trac.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm have to contact him about that, yea but thats not installed ether wish it was.

So that kinda a rip then or a good deal with no install.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
He'd be making off like a bandit if that is installed.

Sounds like a pretty fair price. I've heard nothing but good things about the trutrac with the exceptions from the rock crawlers.
Haha ya that's what I was thinking. Because that sounds like a pretty good deal for just the parts.

·
I'm Michael, you're Tito.
122 Posts
I love my gears and tru trac, i can actually use my truck again. I believe when i bought just the parts for my gear install it came near to $900 including the trutrac, front & rear R&P's and master install kits.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where did you get them from

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found everything ording of two web sites a little cheaper everything for $845which is a pretty big diffrence, Summit had the install kits and locker like 100 bucks cheaper and found the gears cheaper some were else.

Its 333.45 gears shipped and 510 for truetrac and Master install kits.

Gonna call and see if they can beat the 510 and same shipping price to drop it down another 20 or soo too on monday

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,898 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me, I just paid 1100 to get my 10bolt rebuilt with yukon 3.42 gears timkin bearings and seals and a true trac. The true trac is awesome, locks up very fast.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Found everything ording of two web sites a little cheaper everything for $845which is a pretty big diffrence, Summit had the install kits and locker like 100 bucks cheaper and found the gears cheaper some were else.

Its 333.45 gears shipped and 510 for truetrac and Master install kits.

Gonna call and see if they can beat the 510 and same shipping price to drop it down another 20 or soo too on monday
i would just pay a lil more from a shop because when ur workin with no online companies u better hope nuthin goes wrong or it will never get figured out....u should just pay a lil more at a shop and then if u have any problems at all u can go to that shop no problems...u bring ur own parts...no warrenty my friend

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Sounds like a good price, but I've never heard of Gear Place here in town.....most people go to Fearless Gear....
:read: i just had them put an auburn locker in my car. GREAT guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts