GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up and Ekstensive front and rear kit for 600.00. It is brand new and I thought that it was a good deal so I jumped all over it. I also have to thank the guys over at "THE RIM SHOP" in houston for hookin me up with the rest of my setup. I just went down there and picked up a Viair 450 compressor, 4 GC 450 Valves, 5 Gallon Tank, Adjustable psi switch, 4 Slam Specialties RS72 bags. I already have the fittings and lines and I had picked up a set of beltech spindles from a friend who decided not to keep his truck so I snatched up his brand new spindles. It looks like I got almost everything, The truck is not a daily driver and I am not worried about the side to side either. As soon as I get it back from the Body shop, It is going under the knife......Gettin Bagged and Body dropped. :rocking:

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
sounds like you got it all under control.

the lower the better... there is no such thing as being too low

·
LOW BLOW CUSTOMS
238 Posts
02craZ said:
As soon as I get it back from the Body shop, It is going under the knife......Gettin Bagged and Body dropped. :rocking:

is it @ the body shop for some sorta collision work???, b/c if not, i'd do all the hacking first then finish the bodywork

·
My hero vvvvv
1,958 Posts
yea I've heard bad things about belltech too but are you sure about just one 5 gallon and 1 450, man I had two 450's and two fives and it was never enough air, now I have an engine driven and 2 fives and it's still not enough so I'm going 3 fives and 2 3 gallons for 21 gallons of air to play with, just something to think about

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
the only thing about the belltech that i have heard negative is it push the wheel out slightly and increase's the turning radius
thats it so if you can live with those things then there ok but not as good as mcgaughys spindles

·
CaddyHack
574 Posts
The Belltech are Horrible. I have them on my bagged truck right now and they mess up your alignment very badly. I can not get proper alignments and they also decrease your turning radius. I have also had brake issues since I had the Belltechs installed whn I turn Full Lock I lose brake pressure.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
I would definitely go with McGaughy's.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
chaddurst said:
The Belltech are Horrible. I have them on my bagged truck right now and they mess up your alignment very badly. I can not get proper alignments and they also decrease your turning radius. I have also had brake issues since I had the Belltechs installed whn I turn Full Lock I lose brake pressure.
i thought you had them switched out with the mcgaughy's?

just a question in general but how does a spindles afffect your brakeing power? is it pinching your line or something?

what type of alignment issues are you having? can you be more specfic?
the reason i ask is because i have belltech and they might be getting put on pretty soon :secret:
also 01gmc has belltech spindles and he never said anything about any of those problems

i wish i could go back and get the mcgaughy though

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The truck is at the body shop because after I put the fleet side bed on I got hit, Lucky for e my friend owns a bodyshop. I had the tailights shaved and a customsclassics pan with single LED lights on each side. They also shaved the tailgate and gas tank door with the stake pocket. Should be all nice and clean. For the beltech issue. I put beltech spindles on a buddys bagged truck and did not have any problem with them. But I have heard horror stories. My friend at the body shop also got me the IF customs trans crossmember and it looks bad A$$. those guys really took care of me at the body shop, All that work and the extra crossmember and it did not vcost me a thing. The insurance footed the bill. :pow:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts