·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ceramic coated and look to be cheap. FOr a 90 TBI

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
:imo cheap and headers don't mix. They'll just cause problems down the road because of shoddy construction. Those dynomax look pretty decent though if that's your price range.

Only headers I've ever heard of any experience with are the Hooker Long Tube Competition headers, 91_bowtie has those on his '91 and seems to be pleased with them.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I know someone that has them on his F150 (Dynomax brand) flange sucks on his at the head. FWIW. The Hooker LTs on my F150 haven't leaked on me since I installed them like two years back...

Coat your own! That stuff in a can works if you do it properly! My shorty headers on the Z look very nice so far with the Rustoleum on them. I made a post about it in the General Tech area... :shake:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hit Man X said:
I know someone that has them on his F150 (Dynomax brand) flange sucks on his at the head. FWIW. The Hooker LTs on my F150 haven't leaked on me since I installed them like two years back...

Coat your own! That stuff in a can works if you do it properly! My shorty headers on the Z look very nice so far with the Rustoleum on them. I made a post about it in the General Tech area... :shake:
This a sort of clear coat or is it a color? I personally would like something with some shine and dont want a black or anything like that

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Smith said:
This a sort of clear coat or is it a color? I personally would like something with some shine and dont want a black or anything like that

It's a silver color, I took some pics. They look pretty damn nice.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The Hooker's are only 320. Save a little more, and get those.:read: I've had mine for a few years, and I've never had to tighten a bolt. :D

The Thorley's are nice, but the money should be spent elsewhere. :imo

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts