GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just doin some more research... I'm looking for a 6 inch (or maybe a little more) suspension lift for NBS Silverados or Sierras. Any companies I should stay away from?

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Procomp Full Drop 6" not there Spindle lift.
There are others like CST, but for the average person, its a little overkill IMO especially for the price.
You could get a Procomp with DualShocks up front, and probably have it installed for the price of a CST w/o shocks un-installed.
And for the most part the PC seems to hold up really good.

But for a little more information, check out this link to a Tech Article Dark Eternal did for lift applications on 99+ Half ton trucks
http://homepage.mac.com/darketernal/NBSlifts.htm

BD

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shift said:
When I was 15, I had no clue what any of that chart meant or stood for... :anitoof:
I understand most of it...

From what I can tell from the chart, I'm starting to think that the best thing for me to do would be a 5" Pro Comp, And then get like a 3" body lift. Or maybe a 4 inch Rancho off Truckperformance.com and a body lift. I'm not looking to make a super offroad machine, I just wanna be able to run over civics :grin:

It all seems complicated though, maybe lowering my truck would be a better idea.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Hey, feel free to ask anything you want about it. I cant say anything except good about the procomp, I have beat the hell out of mine and its held up great. If you have the money it would be nice to put some superlift springs out back instead of the blocks (help axle wrap) but its certainly not nessisary.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey im 15 and i dont understand crap lol. CST=? spindle? LOL sorry guys but im new to this stuff but from what ive been hearing.. im probably going to get.. a 3'' performance accessories body lift for my '96 silverado, 33x15 Tires 15x10 Wheels.. sound good? I need company names for the stuff lol. And later on when i have enough money, im going to get an 8'' rancho lift i think, or pro comp lift but i dunno what length all those come in.. from what ive heard from DE, pro comps are fantastic!

·
6,656 Posts
Rancho doesnt make an 8", only 6". The procomp for the pre 99 trucks isnt very good, so for you I would recomend the rancho or dick cepeck. The 99+ procomps are probably the best bang for teh buck out there though, stout and a full 6" lift.

·
6,656 Posts
Its a 6" procomp and a 3" bodylift.

I payed 1650 for the procomp and a new front driveshaft (you wont need one) and then another 300 for the bodylift.

·
6,656 Posts
the rancho is cheaper but teh cepeck is kinda high priced, mainly because its got alot more bracing and crap. Also im not 100% sure on that price, could be a litttle less, but not much.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Blue Z Cowboy said:
Cause its pretty much the same design and they know people who want to lift their truck will pay a high price to do it :anitoof:
How much was your fabtech? and how good is it? I heard theyre not really good

1 - 20 of 38 Posts