GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lift my truck but dont really have alot of money to do a large lift. I want to run a good size tire but the 6 inch lifts are out of my budget. Is it a good idea to do a 3 inch spindle with a 2 inch coil spacer? It seems to me like there would be no problem but I dont remember seeing anyone doing this. Also is it possible to run a 35 inch tire on only 5" of lift? It will look a little stuffed but I kinda like that look anyways. Opinons? Oh and my truck is a NBS 1500 2wd

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
ya you should be fine. DO IT

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
ya but is gonna be ballin

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Thought about a BL along with the spindles and spacer?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
:nonono:

35's would be too big..not worth all the trimming..unless you throw a BL on it.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
:nonono:

35's would be too big..not worth all the trimming..
Not if he throws on a BL.
yah, you can pull it off with a body lift on it
It would be the best route. But wouldnt doing all of this be geting close to the price of a 6 inch? Sorry I dont keep up on the NBS lift prices.

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a feeling that it wasnt enough lift to clear 35s. But it is possible to do the spindle and spacer if I wanted to? Im trying to find the minimal lift to clear the Nitto 285/55/22s or even the 325/50/22s they sell which both come out to just under 35"

i might have some 3" fabtech spindles for sale soon that are on a buddies truck if ur interested
If I actually get my tax rebate I might do it. Damn thing is taking to long to get here

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
I had a feeling that it wasnt enough lift to clear 35s. But it is possible to do the spindle and spacer if I wanted to? Im trying to find the minimal lift to clear the Nitto 285/55/22s or even the 325/50/22s they sell which both come out to just under 35"
Your gonna have to trim ALOT and still rub unless you do a BL :imo

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't they make a 285/50/22? That would be easier to fit and doable with some 4" Springtech spindles :imo

:hmm: My rims at 9.5 wide is the widest nitto recommends which is why i would really like to run the 325 50 22 but I might have to downsize since i dont have the cash

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was told that even if i wanted to do this i would need a new upper arm to be able to align the truck, is this true?

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn 4wd have it so easy, Ford keys an they can run 35s. I didnt realize there was so much difference between 2wd and 4wd, or is there?

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
Damn 4wd have it so easy, Ford keys an they can run 35s. I didnt realize there was so much difference between 2wd and 4wd, or is there?
NBS yes, NNBS no... IIRC NBS 2WDs sit about 2" lower than 4x4s

1 - 20 of 34 Posts