GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my ECSB z71 sucks at power brakes. when i go to spin' em they spin but slow. they catch posi but my rear end is only limited. i have the 5.3 motor and 3.73 rear. my friend has a little s10 ECSB v6 with posi-lock and a 4.10 rear (he also has tires pretty close to my width) and can do sweet power brakes. i figure he can do good power brakes because of the rear end weight to torque ratio.
so here is my question if i get a 4.10 rear put in can i do better power brakes? like will it improve pretty decent? and what else will help me do'em better? beside S/C and T/C. dont have money to do that. o yeah i went to my dealer and to get a 4.10 rear put in it would cost $1500 parts and labor and to get a 4.10 rear and diff lock front and rear $3500.... it sounds too high to me......

thanks

mark

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
The problem is the tuning, you have pretty much no ignition advance so no power.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Sounds like way too much money for me. Although I don't see the point in going from 3.73 to 4.10, the improvement just isn't worth it. Especially so you can burn out better? :think:

Watch out, those G80 limited slips like to explode. They don't call them grenades for nothing. :read: Burnouts are the best way to do it too.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what type of tuning do you mean? would ppIII make it do better burnouts or would the venom be better? and with pulleys would that make it do burn outs better?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Do away with the handhelds buddy, get a nelson custom tune :read:
O yah why are you so facinated with burnouts?? thats a blown 10 bolt waiting to happen...

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
SlickSilverado01 said:
what type of tuning do you mean? would ppIII make it do better burnouts or would the venom be better? and with pulleys would that make it do burn outs better?

Dude, burn outs are BAD on the tranny and rear axle. Please don't.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what tuning would get me "better acceleration". i dont know why i am talking about better burnouts.....i got new tires so i dont do'em any more. i only did a few burnout on my stock crappy tires and spun'em in the wet pavement a bit.

and o yeah i like killing kittens :evil:

:kidding:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Just get a nelson tune and call it a day :D
99-00=$375
01-02=$425
03-04=$490

If your truck is 99-00 then you won't be spending much more than you would on a hypertech programmer. The lil bit of extra $$$ you have to put down is worth it :imo

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well as my screen name says slicksilverado01 i have a 2001 truck and what the hell is a nelson tune? and what performance gains does it have?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
SlickSilverado01 said:
what the hell is a nelson tune?

A performance tune for your ECU, works very nicely. :D

Scroll downa bit in the main forums, he'a a pref. vendor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts