GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I Bleed Silver & Blue
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good replacement shock for a stock height 2006 Silverado crew cab? It will never be lifted or lowered. Its my dads and he wants new shocks and I was thinking of getting him new shocks for fathers day. I was looking at bilsteins becuase I have them on both my car and truck.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I put Rancho RS5000s on my tahoe and it rides great, some crappy crappy streets out here and it has a very solid feel to it, not a luxury ride by any means but compared to my grand prix with new struts it's awesome, grand prix is so rough and feels like its about to shake apart with some of the bad roads.

My stock bilsteins were completely dead when I got the tahoe in nov so I bought the ranchos here in town for $200. If you look on ebay there are sets of 4 oem bilsteins for like $250 I think, I was thinking of doing that but didn't want to wait and the oem bilsteins were something like 4 or 500 in town.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
Edelbrock Performer IAS is where it's at for stock height and great ride on both paved and dirt roads.
I've actually got a new set for sale right now too, but I don't think they'll work with a crew cab...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts