Discussion Starter #1
what should i replace my shit with
think i will do it today if i can get it at advance after work
so i need replys quick
want some good stuff but i dont wanna break the bank either

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I like the NGK plugs myself, infact they are in every one of my rides. Wires... stick to good quality. Probably a BorgWarner or Bosch set from the parts store would be sufficient.

I'd pick up a PCV, fuel filter, and an air filter while you're there. Also may as well get a new cap and rotor if you're going to do plugs an' wires. :shake:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
IMO bosch sucks...but thats just me...

I'm running the plain old delco wires, with the 99 cent delco copper core plugs, with the delco cap and rotor. Its all been on there about 2 years now and it runs as smooth as ever. Unless I had some kind of drag strip supercharged monster that stuck out of my hood, I wouldn't even look at aftermarket ignition.

·
Registered
46 Posts
From experience and in speaking with GM mechanics, I believe their are benefits from a better set of wires and this benefit only increases as the mods pile on. I do however recommend sticking with the stock plugs. They are designed for our engines (vortec) and do a fine job. As mentioned before, unless you have a blown application, I would not go through the trouble of changing plugs. and anybody who has changed plugs before on our trucks know how much of a bitch those 2 up against the firewall can be.... :crazy:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Stick with the AC plugs, Bosch wires are decent and they will be in stock most likely. As far as the cap and rotor try to get some with brass inserts, they are better and last longer.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
replaced the plugs with stock, wires with accel, cleaned the K+N
she is running much better now, it was extremely ruff yesterday, and i felt a loss of power, after that changing that stuff it is running better than ever :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts