727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Haha that video is a few years old, but watching it never gets old. I think I would shit my pants if that happened to me :crazy:.

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
Not working.... dammit. :bawl:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
That was damn good driving. Looks like alot of fun.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
That happened to a guy with an xj in the petersen's mag. guess those boxy frontends are good for something.

·
Eat Yo' Face
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That happened to a guy with an xj in the petersen's mag. guess those boxy frontends are good for something.
oh yeah i forgot about that one:shake:

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
Ah yes.... the PSC Offroad XJ. Yeah... I almost had that happen up in the mountains one time. Not as bad, but still puckered up the ol' trapdoor.

There's a trail up there called "Winch Only". It's got a hell of a rock ledge on it, and some parts are a little undercut, so the only way to get up is to winch up over the ledge. Well, we decided to run down it. All the short wheelbase Wranglers on 37"-44" tires were fine. My poor little XJ on 33's decided that it didn't like it one bit. I was creeping down it, dropped the fronts off, and all I heard from my spotter was, "OH SHIT!!! GAS! GAS!" I bumped the gas, and drove out from under it, and landed straight on my hitch. Supposedly the rear tires were 2'-2 1/2' off the ground. I'm pissed cause nobody got it on video.

Oh... and :rofl2: @ this dude in the comments:

ok, well first on the list of concerns is, why the hell does this guy need help getting over your "mountains" grow some balls and figure it out, second are you joking? mud is what shows you can fucking drive, just as much as rocks, ive been over it all and its 100 times easier to get over a rock then outta 3 feet of mud....asshole
One of my friends thought this exact same way... until he rode with me over the rocks. :biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts