Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new deck yesterday and installed it last night, replaced

this:
h158CDX1200.jpg

with this:
50410536DEH-P4600MP_big.jpg

and DAMN it sounds good. I was able to turn the gain up on my amp much much more than with the sony, and even when I put in Disturbed - Down with the Sickness (or whatever that song is named...), I wasn't able to make it distort. Now all I need is the AUX in adapter and I'll have 11 gigs of mp3's to listen to on the way home... :head:

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
great choice on the Pioneer, but if you could turn the amp gain up more, that means the Sony had more voltage outputs and that sucks. I have a couple of those cdrb aux inputs sitting around, one for each truck and love them, great quality

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
94flamds10blazr said:
great choice on the Pioneer, but if you could turn the amp gain up more, that means the Sony had more voltage outputs and that sucks. I have a couple of those cdrb aux inputs sitting around, one for each truck and love them, great quality
i dunno about the voltages, but in any case it sounds a hell of alot better. it has alot cleaner sound, and doesn't screw the bass up. it also seems to have a better tuner too, it can pull in stations much more strongly with less static than the sony, which is good out here, because the nearest good station is 60 miles away. cost me about 170 , i know its cheaper other places, but i don't really trust the philmont mail system. and it appears that the shift key on this computer is broken...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Nice upgrade! Better sound eh? I need to get a new head unit badly! I still got this thing:

I was gonna get a TV, but now with the new laws and shit, I think I'm just gonna look into a Pioneer or Alpine..

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
i love pioneer. ive checked the stats and everything, they have the most power for the money. sony, ur just payin for the name, really. the pioneer head units pull in more stations with less distorition and IMO are easier to use.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Well maybe if you didnt have the cheapest sony out there you wouldn't have been so unhappy, i have found that if you want something good from them you normally have to pay a little more...i have a sony and i havn't heard a better sounding deck yet. heres what i got, and i havn't got it to skip once

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Slvrpismochevy96 said:
Well maybe if you didnt have the cheapest sony out there you wouldn't have been so unhappy, i have found that if you want something good from them you normally have to pay a little more...i have a sony and i havn't heard a better sounding deck yet. heres what i got

very true. I got that sony before I got my truck for 99 bucks on sale at circuit city. Even it was a major upgrade from the AM/FM 2 speaker radio in the volvo that I had it in originally. I've had it for at least 5 years too, so I really can't knock it too bad. With that said, I like my pioneer alot more...

·
Registered
703 Posts
Whifflebat said:
very true. I got that sony before I got my truck for 99 bucks on sale at circuit city. Even it was a major upgrade from the AM/FM 2 speaker radio in the volvo that I had it in originally. I've had it for at least 5 years too, so I really can't knock it too bad. With that said, I like my pioneer alot more...

understood, anything is better than a stock/outdated head unit, i found my sony to be excellent (go back to page 1 to see it) i can cuztomize a 7 band equalizer and sub woofer output to the amp for easy bass adjusting without messing up my componenets...which are also saved by the built in high and low crossovers in my head unit

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Andy, you got the exact same H/U i got the other day...ive had it in the truck for a week now and i LOVE it. i paid $155 shipped from ikesound.com. Good H/U tho for the money, and way better than that sony...

·
9,823 Posts
Slvrpismochevy96 said:
Well maybe if you didnt have the cheapest sony out there you wouldn't have been so unhappy,
and you got one of the most expensive ones ! Yes that one is great but its freakin high!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RedneckDude said:
Andy, you got the exact same H/U i got the other day...ive had it in the truck for a week now and i LOVE it. i paid $155 shipped from ikesound.com. Good H/U tho for the money, and way better than that sony...

Its nice ain't it? :head: I've been running around with the music cranked for a couple days..its crazy...its so much clearer...

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Whifflebat said:
Its nice ain't it? :head: I've been running around with the music cranked for a couple days..its crazy...its so much clearer...

It is really nice...funny thing is i accidently clicked that one instead of the 460MP pioneer premier (same price, was in a hurry tho), so i was kinda surprised when it was just a pioneer...still a VERY nice H/U tho...suits my needs very well, and my last pioneer lasted 7 yrs so they should last a while...

·
9,823 Posts
Matt said:
yeah dude nice upgrade. maybe ill look into a pioneer h/u...im tired of my cheap jvc.
I think that stands for japs very crappiest or something like that. Ive had problems with the last 3 we've installed at work. Im not talking about the 99.99 units, Im talking about the $300 ones

1 - 18 of 18 Posts