GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bama Man
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats better, Goodyear MT's or BGF MT's. and is it worth the extra money for the goodyears?

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
I will never buy a goodyear again. Just a personal beef with them being in the tire industry myself (And they are part of the reason I rolled my halfton, hehe)...I prefer to run michelin/BFG. They are just of superior quality. It is a known fact in the tire buisiness that any tire over a 265/75/16 can run the risk of being out of round from the getgo, and this is extremely prevalent in our "house brand" goodyear made tires, and even so on the actual goodyears. This doesn't seem to be the case with our michelin/Bfg's. I VERY rarely see an out of round michelin or bfg, maybe 1 out of 100. With the goodyears and especially their house brand, I see sometimes as many as 1 of 4 out of round.
Not to deter you, some of our house brand goodyears are our best sellers, and many people have no problem whatsoever with them. Most real truck guys can get over a touch of vibration, though.

That being said, I can say that the goodyear MTR is a no-nonsense mtr. It is slightly more aggressive then the BFG mud, but it will last about half as long...And I believe it is more expensive (I can check at work tommorow). But, It DOES have a bit more offroad capability.

I would go for the Bfg personally. I feel that if you need any more then what this tire can provide, then your going to want to step up to the next class of tires, which is where the $$$ counts. Very few of the tires beyond the mud terrains have any form of road manners.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I Have the goodyear's right now and I am pretty happy with them. I had bfg's before and i was just as happy though. Offroad the goodyears are a little better and they even look a little more aggresive. The goodyears are pretty quiet on the road too. I like them both.

·
Registered
343 Posts
For offoading, BFG MT no doubt, but be prepared, they are LOUD. For street though, you cant be michelin

·
Registered
343 Posts
jgood2709 said:
i got bfg mts, i love them and i dont think they are too loud.
what size are yours?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts