GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at building a 3 wheeler for the hell of it...just looking something to have fun with......

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
trust me you dont want to end up with a broken back or bad head injuries, its not fun and you have to quit doin almost everyting you love doin, its just not worth it:imo

·
Ballin on a Budget
515 Posts
just wondering why it took until the early 80's to come with 4whelers???? ya know someone had to look at the threewheeler and say damn cars got 4 wheels and this bitch got three......f that! haha three wheelers are wheelie mosters but that is all i would ever do with one! Never trail ride on them they suck! but they are entertaining!

·
2,325 Posts
They are only as dangerous as the driver driving them makes them to be. I rode them growing up and never had any issues that I could not blame myself for. I had a blast on them especially riding the Honda 200x, 350x and 250R's.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I say go for it.. I've flipped mine so many times I don't know how I haven't broken anything. The chain guard wasn't on there once and I cut two of my finger tips though. Here's a pic from a while back

3wheeler.jpg

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Three wheelers are fun as hell. I have a couple friends that have real clean 350x's. 200x's are fun but dont have any power IMO. 250sx's are also good but dont have a clutch and are shaft driven. The only scary three wheelers are 85-87 250r's thats when they put liquid cooling in them. TRI Z's are also pretty wild. Just some basic info

350x's are the most fun IMO.

Heres a badass three wheeler. 250r frame and everything but with a 450r motor.

Hrcatc450.gif

·
OG
6,939 Posts
My grandma used to have a 3 wheel golf cart :shrug:

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i seen a used tecate 3 in the paper and from what i read are some fucking terrors....just something to beat on for now....

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Three wheelers are fun as hell. I have a couple friends that have real clean 350x's. 200x's are fun but dont have any power IMO. 250sx's are also good but dont have a clutch and are shaft driven. The only scary three wheelers are 85-87 250r's thats when they put liquid cooling in them. TRI Z's are also pretty wild. Just some basic info

Hrcatc450.gif

god i wouldnt ride that

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,898 Posts
I agree with what was said above... they are only as dangerous as the rider makes them out to be. I've had two in the past and had alot of fun on them. I prefer 4 wheelers though b/c I've had more of them and feel more comfortable on them.

Just two weekends ago we went up to the mountains for my cousins bachelor party and he and one of his buddies both ride 3-wheelers. They are damn good too taking on alot of obstacles that were alittle wild even on four wheels.

They both ride Honda's, 200X and a 350X.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I agree with what was said above... they are only as dangerous as the rider makes them out to be. I've had two in the past and had alot of fun on them. I prefer 4 wheelers though b/c I've had more of them and feel more comfortable on them.

Just two weekends ago we went up to the mountains for my cousins bachelor party and he and one of his buddies both ride 3-wheelers. They are damn good too taking on alot of obstacles that were alittle wild even on four wheels.

They both ride Honda's, 200X and a 350X.
I agree, i grew up on a 3 wheeler and they were fine if you know what you are doing. If not, sure they can be dangerous, but shit so are any ORV.

·
Pro Installz
1,047 Posts
That 250r/450r is the badest 3 wheeler I have ever seen. I used to ride 250sx before the quad days not the safest things on the planet.

·
To Punish and Enslave
148 Posts

Hrcatc450.gif
:drool:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts