GMC Truck Forum banner

To debadge or not to debadge, that is the question.

• Debadge that mofo!

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Keep the pretty black strips. :)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
:bishplz:
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I got two questions:

1) Should I debadge my truck? It's been in Arizona for 8 years so the only thing I can think that wouldn't work would be the difference in color. It has never been in any accidents or repainted or anything though. I don't think this truck has EVER been waxed after a wash, maybe if i wax it, the paint will fade together? I have no idea, thats why I'm asking the experts!!

2) I am very interested in improving my truck's performance. Right now it is all stock under the hood. I am in college and don't have the funds for anything major so I was just wondering what are some performance upgrades that will help acceleration/speed/gas milage/etc that aren't TOO expensive. I was thinking along the lines of a new intake first of all. What else?

THANKS!!

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
chances are... the paint has faded around the where the moldings are. I'd just leave em on. But if you wanna paint parts of your truck, i say go for it :D

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If you're going to be driving it to school and parking in a school parking lot...i wouldn't do it. Those black strips prevent alot of dings.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
I would debadge it simply because of my total dislike for those side moldings. I understand your concern about fading, I guess it what you are willing to live with...slight fade or black stripes.

·
:bishplz:
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't really have money to take it to a detail shop, since its not really an important mod. I'll just wait until i decide to paint it to take em off, by then I will be outta school anyway. Before I paint it, I wanna shave the handles too, so I'll just wait. Thanks for the help though! Especially about the dings... didn't think of that....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts