GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flew into Tampa, Fl. yesterday and picked this up. It still needs to be washed from the 400 mile drive home but whatever, lol. I've been looking for a while and finally found what I wanted. Its a 2001 Z28 M6 with staggered Y2K 'Vette wheels, Corsa catback, MTI Lid, and a Pro 5.0 shifter with a UMI short stick. So far I've started on debadging the Z28 decals which will be replaced with 1969 Z28 emblems, and licensed it with HP Tuners so I can start tuning it.

PICT0089.jpg

PICT0090.jpg

PICT0091.gif

PICT0092.jpg

PICT0094.jpg

PICT0095.jpg

·
Fat Ginger Kid
2,896 Posts
Looks clean. Any more mods after what you got planned?

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks clean. Any more mods after what you got planned?
Probably going to lower it an inch or so, long tubes with an ORY, and then some interior work and a few cosmetic upgrades. I want to throw a cam in it eventually but I'm kind of enjoying to simplicity of it now.

·
181 whp
152 Posts
badass dude. i stilll love these cars and the TA's

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
COngrats! Glad you finally got one

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
nice, welcome to the club

also....hood is good, got mine a few weeks ago

Picture025.jpg

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
Nice car, make the truck the daily and build the car IMO.

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys :pepper:

Nice car. :imo

Get a different hood it lower it 1.3 or 1.5. :imo

This ones lowered 1.3, same as all the Berger cars.
l_fc3c39c1313e4dd1ac090efb85fb1e99.png
nice, welcome to the club

also....hood is good, got mine a few weeks ago

Picture025.jpg
I am going to lower it a touch; don't think it'll be much over an inch though since I like the clearance. I like the hood as is though; I like the simplicity of the Z28. A cowl hood would be badass but it wouldn't go with the look I'm going for which is simple and basic.

Nice car, make the truck the daily and build the car IMO.
Turn that around and there you go. I'm a truck guy; its easy to make this car run 11's. With a truck it takes a little more creativity; its just more fun to me honestly. Plus I love the looks on people's faces when my truck stomps on their Mustangs.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Awesome Camaro!!

I have been on a HUGE LS1 kick for the past few months, seeing these pictures isn't helping me any. I would be very interested in some REAL fuel mileage numbers, none of this "I could have gotten better if I slowed down to 70 mph" bullshit. It might be a bit early for you, but when you get some be sure to post up!

I'm sure you have scouted out the LS1 forums as well, I lurk on a few every day and read as much as I can about them.

Sounds like you got a great one, exactly what I would want besides maybe a TA of the same year.

How many miles are on it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts