GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a predator programmer for 2004 GM's that i ended up getting for free. I used my benchtop harness and found that it was vinlocked. I have heard 2 different stories. 1: that diablo sport will unlock it for like $100-$150 and 2: that they wont unlock it unless you have the receipt and you are the original owner. It sucks cause it's just sitting in my room doing nothing. It's funny though that as is it's almost a worthless piece of plastic, but with the tune in it, it's worth $250, and it's a shame just to throw it away, so any suggestions would be great.

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I e-mailed them and they never got back to me, so i guess tomorrow i could give them a call.

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good to know, i can vouch for the online part, lol.

·
Registered
861 Posts
They will unlock it for you. I did it once and it was 100.00. I think they just sent me new unlocked programmer. I told them that my pcm died and the dealer replaced it for me under warranty so I needed it to be reset.

·
Dude on Internet
758 Posts
let us know what happens mang

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh man that's a good excuse i could use. Fried pcm, got a new one, sweet.

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
called predator, and they want a dealer ticket with the new pcm showing replaced, and it's just too much hassle. Looks like it's gonna end up in the trash unless someone can unlock it, but i don't see a way to do it.

·
Minitrucker
710 Posts
I hate to say it, but this is where the Boyetts might be able to help..:nono: ... One of them works ata dealership as a tech, maybe they will do you a dummy ticket?

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
Man, they are getting tight. I know they have unlocked programmers for tons of people that were vin locked.
Maybe they read this forum

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i told them what actually happend the second time and they said i have to have the original receipt so it's not worth it. I mean i didn't lose any money on the deal so i'm not gonna sweat it. And yes, they are getting much tighter now. I heard that now on the new diesels, once you program your truck its vinlocked, even if you return factory settings it's still hooked to your vehicle, it's a one time use deal. This is why i have HPT, no bullshit

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nah that's alright, it's too much trouble, i just threw it away, no worries. Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Buy a brand new predator....save the receipt. then use the fried pcm excuse (pretending its the new one) and send them your old predator. when you get it back, return the brand new one for your money back OR if you think that is too sketch, just sell one of em and try to get most of your money back. I do this all the time with lacrosse heads and shafts that go break after their warantee is up

1 - 17 of 17 Posts