GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Silverado 5.3L V8 4x4 Z71 new body style

These are all approximate. I'm still calling around but does this sound about right for everything?

$2,100 - Fabtech 6" basic system installed(http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/applications/gm/4wd07silverado.html)
$2,600 - 35/1250R20 Nitto mud grapplers, 20x10 moto metals
$600 - Rear differential gearing
$750 - Front differential

They also mentioned the front differential may need to get done. Is this true?

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
switch out the x9 for x10 and go bigger on the lift if you can. like 2" more IMO. if youve got a 4x4 then youll have to do a front gear change. if its 2wd you wont have to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I added the front differential quote.

switch out the x9 for x10 and go bigger on the lift if you can. like 2" more IMO. if youve got a 4x4 then youll have to do a front gear change. if its 2wd you wont have to.
I don't want to go too high. I don't want loading a dirt bike in the back of my truck to be a pain in the ass.

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
They also mentioned the front differential may need to get done. Is this true?
If you dont have the funds you can hold off on getting the front regeared. I ran my truck with the rear regeared and not the front till I got the money and it was fine. Just dont be stupid and engage the 4WD. I pulled the front driveshaft to be safe.

And damn $2600 for just the wheels/tires. :insane:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Try tirepackage.com for those wheels and tires. They carry moto and muf grapplers and that should save you alot.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
It sounds like you should save a little $$, buy the tools you need, and do it yourself.

In the end, you will have a cool truck, tools, and the pride of knowing you built the truck.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Every thing sounds okay, are you getting chrome or black wheels, that makes a big diffrence in prices, and the lift kit seems decent not sure how much the kits are going for the nnbs trucks but i personaly dont like fabtech had them on my blazer was not very happy with it but a few have it on there new trucks and like it so maybe they have gotten a little better.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got some more quotes today and they are all close to what I have above so they all sound fair.

It sounds like you should save a little $$, buy the tools you need, and do it yourself.

In the end, you will have a cool truck, tools, and the pride of knowing you built the truck.
I'd actually really enjoy doing that. But I don't think my first automobile wrenching experience should involve doing this on my new truck. Wrenching on my dirt bikes I don't have an issue with though.

·
Registered
162 Posts
35/1250R20 Nitto mud grapplers, 20x10 moto metals
Sounds to me like every other 18-30 year old. What is it with the MM's and Mud Graps? The Moto Metals have to be the most played out wheel to date. Does no one care to be different? And most of you who want the Mud Graps...have you ridden on them with 10-20k gone already? Do you want to listen to that noise every day in the truck? Really, sorry for the rant, but I sell them and that combo has to be the most asked for setup. I can't stand either of them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds to me like every other 18-30 year old. What is it with the MM's and Mud Graps? The Moto Metals have to be the most played out wheel to date. Does no one care to be different? And most of you who want the Mud Graps...have you ridden on them with 10-20k gone already? Do you want to listen to that noise every day in the truck? Really, sorry for the rant, but I sell them and that combo has to be the most asked for setup. I can't stand either of them.
Yeah I've been thinking about it and I don't want to put up with the issues for that tire. I've been looking at some sort of AT tire now.

·
attention whore
708 Posts
If you wanna save a hundred or two, get the 18" wheels.

·
attention whore
708 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Call 4wheelparts 1800 #. Tell them a "local shop has it xxx" cheaper. I did that and got the superlift kit for almost 500 cheaper.

Same thing with the tires. $300/tire for Mickey MTZ's 35x13.50's

shop around.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
I have those moto metal rims for sale again lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts