GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new set of superlift 10" front springs for 127 bucks shipped for my sfa. Thanks to JB for finding this awsome deal. If they are too tall or stiff I will just take a leaf out. I will definatly go with 42s now im pretty sure since I will more than have the room.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
What wheels are you planning on running?

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure about wheels yet. A 16.5 for sure so I can get the bigger tire sizes. Recentered hummer rims are awsome because of the beadlocks and the 2 part design, but are pricey (200 each) and only 8" wide. I would really like a 9.75" or even 12" wide rim - the wider my stance the more stable ill be. I am debating weather or not to use chrome monster mods like Tex has or getting black rims to go along with my black/blue theme.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tose would be awsome and I would buy them right now except that they arnt re-centered. Anyone know how much it runs to have that done?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I think Weld Racing has a few auctions up on ebay for some 16.5 rims I am not sure what exact measurements your looking for but I have seen a few on there. Its worth just browsing though.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
BTW.....Heres those part numbers for what we were discussing :read:

Right hand #00326440
Left hand #00326439

·
Realtor, not Real-iter
421 Posts
Todd said:
I think Weld Racing has a few auctions up on ebay for some 16.5 rims I am not sure what exact measurements your looking for but I have seen a few on there. Its worth just browsing though.
Centerline as has a section called "wheel deals". These are new wheels that they are trying to get rid of. Ive seen some really good deals there too. You should check there every week because the stock changes

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Not sure how this thread got talking about wheels but I vote for the black beadlock wheels. I still say you can fit a 15" wheel :burnout:

·
Realtor, not Real-iter
421 Posts
TexK5 said:
Not sure how this thread got talking about wheels but I vote for the black beadlock wheels. I still say you can fit a 15" wheel :burnout:

Well.... todd asked a question and Dark ran with it. Since its Darks thread.......

Really... you think a 15 will fit? :think: On a D60 right? I didnt think so..... on a D44 ok. Not sure though

·
Registered
270 Posts
Why not get a set of the steels, and then have them powdercoated to match the truck. Cheap and last forever. I'm thinking about doing it for my 49's. Just a thought though.

Hey Todd, How's the "Junction" there in S.A. I used to live there, family still does. That was probably, my favorite party spot. Yeah, I'm a redneck.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am using steel. I may have to see if I can afford the hummer rims, re-centered for 65 a piece isnt to bad.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
jimsbadchevy said:
Hey Todd, How's the "Junction" there in S.A. I used to live there, family still does. That was probably, my favorite party spot. Yeah, I'm a redneck.

That place is barely in business anymore. A new bar opened here in town and it gets the Tuesday night crowd like Santa Fe did. I haven't been out in a while, shits just to boring, same ppl, same shit.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
You know you want the hummer rims... It's really cool when you drive around town for a day with 0psi in your tires and everyone is looking at you all weird and people keep rolling there windows down saying you have 4 flat tires :D

Hey, I had to soften up my sidewalls somehow...

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
willyswanter said:
You know you want the hummer rims... It's really cool when you drive around town for a day with 0psi in your tires and everyone is looking at you all weird and people keep rolling there windows down saying you have 4 flat tires :D

Hey, I had to soften up my sidewalls somehow...
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I know what u mean tho, and since you got the beadlocks, theres no better way to soften up them sidewalls than to ride around wiht your tires almost completely aired out.

Stephen, good job on pickin up those springs. Looks like things are really startin to come together.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would be more than sold on the hummer rims if they were just wider. 8" is so damn narrow, I want my tires to really be wide, not pizza cutters.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts