GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well was washin my truck today and finally brok down and pulled off those 4x4 stickers(one of them was startin to come off anyway...power washer) so here it is...still have a little bit of an outline, but cannot tell unless the light hits it just right...any tips?

P1000634.gif

P1000633.jpg

P1000637.jpg

P1000636.gif

I think the 1500 on the door and the tailgate symbols are next...but the moldings and the LS are stayin

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Looks good

I agree, get rid of those 1500's I did and with I did it sooner :head:

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am planning on it...how hard are they to take off tho....

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Bad-N-Black00 said:
I am planning on it...how hard are they to take off tho....

It wasnt bad.. I dont want to take the molding off ( I like it) but If I wanted it off, it would suck to do if you ask me :crazy:

Yea that tech. was about it.

All I did was heat it up with a hair dryer b/c I didnt want to make a mess w/ the remover spray. The pulled it off with fishin line.

Then I took the thick tape off the door with my fingers (rolling it back on itself works best for me)
When I had it down to just the glue left on the door, I soaked a old t-shirt down with the remover and lightly rubbed untill it was all gone.
Then rewaxed the area.
Not hard really, just take a little time.

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i aint takin off the side moldings...they help protect my doors in the school parkin lot but the badges are comin off

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Bad-N-Black00 said:
i aint takin off the side moldings...they help protect my doors in the school parkin lot but the badges are comin off
Looks good! If you're keeping the molding why not go with the GMC chrome molding? Also for the lines that was left by the 4X4 just throw you some cleaner wax on and they'll come right off.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
I agree with carbondogg go with the GMC chrome molding.
By the way your truck looks good. :head2:

9,777 Posts
Man that thing is looking sweet!

P.S. I posted somewhere that wasn't work warning...I'll be damned.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
debadge it all !!!

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
BigBubbaBD said:
It wasnt bad.. I dont want to take the molding off ( I like it) but If I wanted it off, it would suck to do if you ask me :crazy:

Yea that tech. was about it.

All I did was heat it up with a hair dryer b/c I didnt want to make a mess w/ the remover spray. The pulled it off with fishin line.

Then I took the thick tape off the door with my fingers (rolling it back on itself works best for me)
When I had it down to just the glue left on the door, I soaked a old t-shirt down with the remover and lightly rubbed untill it was all gone.
Then rewaxed the area.
Not hard really, just take a little time.
word, thats the same way i did it

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DirtyBlackZ71 said:
Man that thing is looking sweet!

P.S. I posted somewhere that wasn't work warning...I'll be damned.

Well i'll be a monkey's uncle...surprised you got away long enough to type something... :read:

thanks for the pic kyle...thinking about doing a z71 tahoe front end and mirror caps then debadging it all...

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
snigbertese said:
how bout some clear corners?

thought has crossed my mind a time or two thinkin about tryin to clear mine, but dont wanna mess em up

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
Bad-N-Black00 said:
thought has crossed my mind a time or two thinkin about tryin to clear mine, but dont wanna mess em up
you cant clear the silverado ones, but you can purchase some on ebay for about 25 dollars, or i have some euro ones i could sell you sitting in my garage.

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
got any pics...are they real ricey lookin? may be interested if i like the looks of 'em

1 - 20 of 20 Posts