GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Arent there supposed to be 5 planateries? I was planning on getting my 4L65E built at Century, but now I am having second thoughts :nono:

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
ouch lance, that really scares me, that even after a few grand, that a tranny could still look like that. ill have to plant a second money tree!!!

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
fullthrottledan said:
ouch lance, that really scares me, that even after a few grand, that a tranny could still look like that. ill have to plant a second money tree!!!
i'd like a seed...

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
I'll prolly end up going with JAG also. Ive heard nothing but good things from him. Can you explain to me what all I need? Ive been looking at the 4L65's.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Dude, that blows :nono:

I have a collection (7) of the 4 gear and 5 gear planetaries that I blew up....I think those are the weak point in the trans.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey vic. let joe pic it all. a 4l65e is what you will need to start out with. that will be your best bet. i think he is building the 60's now with the z pack that has 13 clutches instead of nine.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
:whoa: they're proud of the prices of some of their parts! I paid like $17 for my new seperator plate, $80 for my OD servo, ...

Anyway, there are two sets of planetry gear sets in the 4L60E.

Maybe you received only one of the 5 pinion ones or neither? :think:

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
God dam man! What the hell kind of a 4L65 is that? Did the whole tranny explode on a launch?? That sucks nonetheless man. Whoop some ass and get a new 4L80 from Century!

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
I was looking on Joes site last night trying to decide what I needed. Do you have his work number? Allen gave it to me last night but I closed the window and didnt write it down,

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
VicRed said:
I was looking on Joes site last night trying to decide what I needed. Do you have his work number? Allen gave it to me last night but I closed the window and didnt write it down,

Joe knows his stuff man, he's a very nice guy too. We did some work on my ol' Ford earlier this year at his shop. :shake:

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
that is some bullshit.... didnt look like a 65 to me. why is it so hard to find good tranny help these days?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts