GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a short bumpstop in the rear (1") and I still only have about 1 1/4" clearance. Man, On my 95 I had twice that with the stock bumpstops in it. Anyone else have this problem? Can I buy just a notch somewhere? (I would like to avoid this but may have no other choice) Comments?

LK

Attachments

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
Looks like a 4/6.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Badassilverado said:
That looks pretty low for 4", maybe it's just the pic. Did you measure how much drop you got? I was able to cut my stock bumpstops in half and I've never unintentionally bottomed out. I got close to 4 1/2" of drop out of shackles/hangers ...still not close enough to the frame to notch.
Yea, I remeasured it and it's exactly 2/4 - I think the bigger tires make it look lower than it is. I got my 18's on now and it doesn't look as low. I did use "button" bumpstops too. I guess i'll look into a c-notch.

LK

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
You shouldnt need a notch with a 2/4.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Dude...... ur making it alot harder than it is.....

just chop the bumpstops down to 1/2 inch or so. It's only a 2/4.... worry about the notch and buttons when you want to go lower.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Your 2/4 looks good. :head:
Now that your done with that, you can admit it that now it's time for a 4/6.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I thought it was a 4/6 the first time I saw the pic, I had a 2/2 drop b/c I never got the hangars on, then I jacked my truck back up now it will be 4/6 soon

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
My buddie's extended cab truck has a 2/4 and the "button" bump stops and it has enough clearance. You will bottom out only in large bumps when you're going fast enough. You shouldn't have to notch with a 4" rear drop. If you're going to notch, just go 4/6...

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have (0) bumpstops in the rear :crazy:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Post some pics of your 18's on your 2/4. That's what I'm considering now and I'd love to see it on yours. We have the same truck. :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FlashJim said:
Post some pics of your 18's on your 2/4. That's what I'm considering now and I'd love to see it on yours. We have the same truck. :)

Here ya go, I think I posted this before but anyways. I like the ride / handling with the 18's but it still bottoms out. I know everybody says it should be fine with a 4" drop but with only 1 1/4" between the button bumpstops and the axle it is going to happen. (Maybe I just have crappy roads, I don't know)

Make sure you post some pics of your truck.

L8R

LK

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts