GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well they finally got here. Now just the lift. Hopefully will be here this week. It wasn't too bad mounting them on the wheels either. About an hour for all of them. This is a picture of my 8 year old daughter up beside it. She has T-shirt that says, "I'm gonna drive a Chevy truck just like my dad does". I'll post some new pics when we get her done with everything.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The truck will have a total of 23" of lift without the tires. As far as axles snapping, the 14 bolt should do just fine with them. They're not as heavy as I thought, I can pick the tire and wheel up with one arm, I'm scrawny too. The 4wd won't get used too much either since this a show truck, probably just for loading onto the trailer. Lift laws here only go for 22" bumper height. I'll probably sneek around though. Gears will be 5.13's

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Well I guess for a show truck then it won't matter...

We break 14 bolts often with 40's but we do more than drive up onto the trailer :anitoof:

·
5.5MPG!!!!!!!All Day Long
123 Posts
i want some!!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
willyswanter said:
Well I guess for a show truck then it won't matter...

We break 14 bolts often with 40's but we do more than drive up onto the trailer :anitoof:
What have you broken in your 14 bolt? Any pics.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Well all I've done is twist splines on one shaft and spun some carrier bearings. In the club we have had a few broken ring/pinions, a few broken shafts, and a broken pinion snout.

·
5.5MPG!!!!!!!All Day Long
123 Posts
Holy Shit!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts