GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sounds mean as heck. I am glad I decided to do it!! Here is a video. You need to be here to really tell how good it sounds

th_MOV01483.jpg

Here is a few pictures of cutout

DSC01490.jpg

DSC01489.jpg

DSC01487.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope it is not right now. I might change it but it not to hard to undo and a wholelot cheaper

·
It is what it is
1,114 Posts
Damn, that sounds mean!

nice. i love my DMH cutout. i take its not an e-cutout?
I have been looking at DMH's myself. Have you had any problems out of it? Did you order it from their website? How long did it take to get it?

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
I have been looking at DMH's myself. Have you had any problems out of it? Did you order it from their website? How long did it take to get it?
I have a DMH electric cutout, and I've been having problems with it. It gets stuck open and stuck closed.
It was awesome at first, but now it's a pain. And it looks like shit now too...

CIMG0869.jpg

You see how the flange is on mine going straight up and down? Well the liquid and stuff that comes out of the exhaust kinda makes it rust shut sometimes. I just spray a little PB Blaster on it and it comes loose, but it sucks to have to get under there and do it every now and then.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
Mine's loud as fuck and it's fun to scare old ladies when I floor it next to them:crazy:

·
It is what it is
1,114 Posts
Mine's loud as fuck and it's fun to scare old ladies when I floor it next to them:crazy:
:LOL:
Have you called DMH? I heard they were pretty good about their warranty. I also looked at QTP's, but I see more people having problems with theirs than the DMH one.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
:LOL:
Have you called DMH? I heard they were pretty good about their warranty. I also looked at QTP's, but I see more people having problems with theirs than the DMH one.
Yea they offered to send a new unit out. They already sent me a new switch a year ago cuz it went out.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
thats the only reason i like the QTp's more, because their motor/cuouts section is horizontal instead of vertical like the DMH ones...less problems with the whole rust buildup kinda deal.

i havent read too many problems with the qtp e-cutouts, whats the deal, motor going bad or sometin?

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
yeah, I can vouch for scott on this one. Everytime he would role past my house it would wake me up....jackass! :D

btw, scott did you ever here my vic with the open exhaust??
negative, but i saw the vid

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
i want.....thats tight..... i think i may order one....
If you do go to Supreme Muffler to get it welded on. I think they are on Quincy. It's near Mobile One behind that Chevron station on Clearview.
They did all my exhaust work, and they have good prices.
You're gonna have to wire the switch yourself though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts