GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up last night and I drove home to Houston today and unloaded it. Thanks to JB and Mark I was able to get it out of my truck without killing myself :cheers: . Its one hell of an axle, looks in really good condition. I got pics but left my cam coord at school so you will have to wait until sunday night. I will probably start cleaning it off some this weekend, at least pull the brakes and crap and see how it looks. Both lockout hubs work well and the kingpins looks like they might have been rebuilt recently. Also got a hysteer setup for it so the tierod wont be in the front in harms way.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Make sure you watch the outer knuckles around the kingpin for cracks. With highsteer you run the risk of breaking them.

I couldn't even fit high steer if I wanted too. It would all hit my frame.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I think I should be ok since im no running hydro. If I start breaking knuckles Ill get some of the fabbed stronger ones. I also dont think Ill have a clearence issue with the bigger springs.

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
Hell yeah that bish was heavy....620lbs :anitoof: It is in superb condition, very nice, not like the old rusted ones you see on ebay. This one has definately been taken care of. Even came with dual steering stabilizer.

You did good on this one stephen...nice find :gmfs:

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well plans changed for this weekend and I ended up staying at my house so I have a ton of pics on the teardown of the axle ill try to get up tomarow (may be monday, I have a paper to write) I got everything off except the tie rod (need a seperator) and the actual kingpin and lower kingping parts (ran out of time)

Good news is I dont think the kingpin needs replacing. I will replace ALL the seals EVERYWHERE and obvisouly it has to be regeared. Ill put new rotors on and depending on price new calipers also.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
Well plans changed for this weekend and I ended up staying at my house so I have a ton of pics on the teardown of the axle ill try to get up tomarow (may be monday, I have a paper to write) I got everything off except the tie rod (need a seperator) and the actual kingpin and lower kingping parts (ran out of time)

Good news is I dont think the kingpin needs replacing. I will replace ALL the seals EVERYWHERE and obvisouly it has to be regeared. Ill put new rotors on and depending on price new calipers also.

:head::head: Sounds good.
Cant wait for those pics.

BD

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hell I could have it together in a 2 months or so if money permited, its just im to teh point where I cant do to much more without some more funds. Have to start eating some more ramen!

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok ill come eat at your place then. Ill even cook/clean. I am actually a pretty damn good cook. Saves me even more money :mexsmoke:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I see it now, my damn puter is a pile of shit. It doesn't refresh some shit sometimes.
Got it now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts