GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, finally got it...

97 gmc 2500. 350 vortec, 5 speed, 4 wheel drive. Bone stock for now (not for long, the payments are steep but mods are coming slowly but surely). Only 35k on the beast. Paid 12k (though being my first financed vehicle and only 18 the interest is pretty high). This is the exact truck I have wanted for a few years. Lots of power (even for a 3/4 ton its a bit of a muscletruck). Quick rundown on mods planned so far...

Firstly comes full exhaust (probably thorley headers and a custom cat-back system). Then I will do some computer mods, a few cheap boltons here and there (pulleys, new throttle butterfly, etc). Going to put 285 Bfg m/t's on and then just focus on the motor some more. Once it is paid off I plan on lifting it 8 inches or so (Not sure whether or not to Sfa yet but I got 4 years to decide hehe). Anyway, here is the picture....

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/download.php?id=10703

Attachments

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Nice ride.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
fixed your link

Nice looking truck, glad to see you got what you wanted!

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dark Eternal said:
fixed your link

Nice looking truck, glad to see you got what you wanted!
Hey, thanks dude... I'm resizing it now so no problem...I just tried to be lazy but did not realize I couldn't just slap a pic on.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
:head: Cant wait to see the build up start :head:

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, this beast has all the fixins...14 bolt rear, heavy duty frontend, etc.... Got the perfect platform to start from.

A few questions (i know my halfton stuff but 3/4 ton Ifs is still a little new to me)..

8" lift, who makes the best, and how much? May do an sfa but I want to keep options open.

Some basic vortec engine mods (again, I know tbi stuff in and out and I know the vortec 350 very well but have never worked on one performance wise. I know what I can do to make more power obviously but I just want to know what my best options are for exhaust, etc)..

thanks..

·
Fuckin whore
60 Posts
Great platform to start with! The 97 was a good truck...IMO... Flowmaster makes a good system for those trucks, also you could easily have a shop custom bend you somethin if you know the owner ;) Other easy mods would be a truck cam and lifters, to start. (of course you need to make it breathe better before) As far as lift goes, I have always been partial to superlift and rancho....but thats my preference! Other than that it is up to you....just start surfin parts catalogs and websites, make a list!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts