GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my rear lift blocks from summit. They are Superlift 3816, 1.5" and u bolts but I thought they shoul be tapered a little. The model # said its for 99-06 gm 1500 4x4s and is designed to go on top of the stock 2" block.

Anyone else lift th erear 1.5" are yours tapered?

·
Registered
279 Posts
stacking blocks????

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,666 Posts
stacking blocks????
while its frowned upon by most God-loving, red-blooded Americans...stacking a 1.5 and the factory 1.5 or 2 or whatever it is won't really hurt anything

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Shoulf have just gotten a 4" single block. IMO

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Origanally I got a 3.5" tapered block kit and was told it replaces the facotry block by skyjacker. Then I saw the u-bolts and they were 3in too long and the directions said to stalk on top of oe blocks. I tried putn them on with out the factory block and if they had 3/4" more thread it would have worked and I could have cut the exess off. I also thought the angle was too much for just 1.5" of lift. I looked around and found most lift kits that use a block are stacked on the oe block so I think Ill be ok.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got my blocks on and looks much better no more squat. Does anyone no if there are longer jounce bumpers somewhere. Otherwise I was going to use 1.5" square tubing and make a spacer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts