GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a car show yesterday and I entered the stereo comp. just to see what my stuff measured. I'm currently running 2 profile amps at 150w each to 2 8" fostgate punch 1's (.25 cu ft sealed boxes) and then 2 polk 4x6's running off the headunit which is a pioneer premiere 960.

I ended up measuring 125.6 and 126.1 db with some dr. dre in the cd player. It was warm so it didn't feel like ejecting dre so I could put in the sweep cd.

I was only expecting 110 db so this suprised me greatly.

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the other people in my class (300 watts and below) were in cars and SUV's with 2 12's or 10's in ported boxes. They all hit right around 128-132 db. I can't wait till next year with 4 10's and 1000+ watts. Probably going to make a larger ported box just for the comp. next year but I'm running them sealed for DD status.

I don't really have any competition there since one guy had a wall of 4 kickers in slot ported boxes and a 2000 watt amp. He only hit 142 db's so I'm going to win next year especially if I can hit 150 db.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Haven't been deep into the stereo thing but i know a little about it. From what I've heard it takes some deep pockets to get where you are wanting to go. The jump from 140-150 grows exponentially in the 1000's of dollar range. Some folks have spent 10K to hit 150. Good luck...

·
Left Jizz
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
meade is fuckin nuts! I couldn't handle that in my truck. Basically I'm trying to hit 145+ with $1000 or less. I really think it can be done with the right box with all the right porting and airspace. My plan includes lots of subs, 2 amps, and lots of studying of box building on my part.

And what does meades meter at? I was thinking it was over 155db but I haven't read any threads about it in a long while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts