GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yay, i've never been so happy to see it! the dealership it was towed to this time turned out to be really good. the mechanic and service manager knew their shit. turns out my trans had been running hot for a while and eventuall blew a seal and grenaded. they put in a brand new 4L60E, because there was nothing left of the inside of my old one. got it all bolted into place, cleared the codes and took it for a test drive. few miles down the road the water temp gauges goes the whole way to the right and steam sprays out from under the hood. yup, the radiator failed. coolant everywhere. they got a new radiator in record time and bolted that in too. no idea why it failed, but the service manager agrees it is cursed. the new transmission runs pretty good but i still don't like it. the engine dips down to 400rpm with the A/C on and is sluggish from a stop. just glad to have it back... :evil:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Wow...you have to have one of the most unlucky trucks ever produced...id get rid of it while its runnin...

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
:word: Nicholas... I say we take up a group collection for 10 gallons of gas and a matchbook for Ryan so he can rid himself of his truck :crazy:

·
OG
6,939 Posts
00Silverado said:
:word: Nicholas... I say we take up a group collection for 10 gallons of gas and a matchbook for Ryan so he can rid himself of his truck :crazy:

I wont tell if yall won't

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
damn, a few weeks too late for the meet, oh well, ill see it on the next one.

good thing u got it back again!!

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
i say, throw a brick on the gas pedal and throw it in drive and dive out of the truck.

whoops. I swear officer, i got out to get my mail, and i forgot to put it in park! :D

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
hell, if he wants to get rid of it bad enough, ill send a whole box of matches, some dynamite, whatever the hell else he wants to blow that POS up...never did i think one truck could be that much of a total lemon

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i;ve got a solution to ur problem... leave ur truck in a shady neighborhood, with the keys in it:read: just make sure u got a shit load of insurance... then go buy a cummins like you've always wanted :ninja:

but knowing ur truck, it'll prbly break down b4 anyone could get away with it...

·
GMFS founding member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i spent the last 3 hours stripping the sierra. man that was a fucking adventure.

is it possible to swap speakers in a NBS without removing the door panels? it is now :D i feel so bad for whoever gets this thing next, it's totally ruined. as you may recall i was having problems with door rattles. pass side was the worst. i tried everything, sound deadener, tearing it apart, etc. finally got a can of triple expanding foam and just filled the whole inner door up. no more rattles, but the panel is on there for good. i had to break the panel and pry it up with a 24" prybar to get my components out. i wasn't going to trade with a $200 set of speakers in the doors no matter what. i cut the wiring off the stock speakers right at the plugs so i had to solder new speaker wire directly to the tinsel leads. some of the solder burned into the cones, god i forgot how bad the stock speakers sound. the rear speakers went without issue, and though i destroyed one of the front doors, all my good kappas came out unharmed :cheers:

so then i removed the mudflaps and flares, no biggie there. nerf bars were another story. they came off OK, but when reinstalling the body mount bolts, i set my IR 1/2 impact on the lowest setting and torqued until the bolt almost stopped turning. 3 of them went on fine, 4th one snapped. none of the driver's door switches work, no power windows or locks. all the plugs are tight? i didn't feel like fucking with it tonight. keyless entry doesn't work, A/C is leaking water all over the floor. it's going to be hot tomorrow so imma have to roll into the stealership with the pass window down and leave the ignition on so the odometer is displayed instead of "service air bag" :evil: i almost feel bad getting rid of this thing, but i have to do what i have to do.

good news for you is i have a small pile of stuff that will soon be for sale.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
damn hovis. you are the most unlucky person i know.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Glad to hear you got it back and really glad your getting rid of it. :evil:
So what are you getting now?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Bro sorry to hear about your sierra problems...hope it all works out for you. What kind of speakers you had in the back? I might be interested in thouse.

·
Registered
343 Posts
dont fuck somebody over on that truck...fuck over a stealership :imo

·
GMFS founding member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GMCtrk said:
dont fuck somebody over on that truck...fuck over a stealership :imo
i did :evil:

atomoverride said:
Bro sorry to hear about your sierra problems...hope it all works out for you. What kind of speakers you had in the back? I might be interested in thouse.
Niche_98Chevy said:
I wouldn't mind having those kappa's how much you want for them? They are 6.5's right? I think they will fit....
check the for sale forum.

·
Registered
343 Posts
hovisimo said:
thanks jim.

gmctrk, don't call me a **** if you can't post your name and valid location :read:
it is a valid location :confused:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts