GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my wheels and tires FINALLY after almost 5 weeks of waiting.
here they are:

as you can see these are NOT the wheels i ordered. these are the Weld Stone Crushers instead of the Mountain Crushers i ordered. here's the dilemma: do i go through the hassle of dealing with a horrible company again and try to get my Mountain Crushers or do i keep these wheels that look pretty damn good, are the same price, and most importantly, are in my possession?

oh, and NEVER BUY FROM OFFROADSUPERSTORES.COM!!!

·
2,451 Posts
I love both mountatin crushers and stone crushers equally, so i will say keep the wheels you have now, and skip the hassle. What center caps did they come with?

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
I would stick with the stonecrushers. Honestly, I think the stoners look better then the mountains. Considering you paid that much for them, you could try to get the mtns.

One of the big problems with your dillemma is this: Most companies will NOT take wheels back. Installation can often put small imperfections in rims, especially on custom stuff. If you can get the company to take them back, don't be surprised at a large restocking fee.

In my shop, the motto basically is "We mount tires on them, you own them". The company we get most of our wheels through is Keystone, which can be really difficult with taking things back. On the few returns we have had in the past year, we typically had to eat the cost of the rims and keep them in stock...basically making us lose 500 bucks or whatever until somebody came along that wanted the product.

Its kind of an industry standard. If you really want to go through the hassle, give it a go...But you DO have some really good looking (and expensive) rims and tires there.

·
Needs a truck
454 Posts
Id say keep the stone crushers, like everyone esle the stones and the mountains are both nice, but u already have them, and paid for, so my get rid of them and possibly end up waitin even longer. BTW when is the lift goin on?

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i geuss the best thing to do is to keep them. i'm definately happy with them, they'll look awesome once i clean the others (lots of mounting lube all over them). they came with these gay center caps:

i'll pick up some of the coneheads at 4WP soon.

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Yeah...I think with all the problems you've gone through so far, you better just keep the stone crushers. Your rigs gonna look bad ass anyway :head2:

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
I like the stone crushers... but I also like the design of the mountain crushers. thats some bullshit that they couldnt get your order right after delaying it for a long ass time. sounds like bad business practices to me:imo

·
Registered
724 Posts
I personally like the Mountain Crushers more, so I would probably go through the hassle. I just settled for what I had when I first bought my lift kit, but I really wanted something bigger. So instead of going through the hassle the first time, I ended up doing it later and spending more money. I say complain to the company, get what you want, and maybe a little more for the hassle.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
You ordered the Mountain Crushers so you are entitled to them.

Now if you are happy with the Stone Crushers I would definately tell them exactly what happened and let them know that you would like to be compensated for having to wait so long and be forced to take your "second choice" of wheels. Maybe they will refund 5% of your purchase price or something for the inconvienence. Afterall, it is their mistake, not yours.

That would be like if you ordered a Sierra and the dealer jacked you arond forever then gave you a Silverado and said "well, its the same thing" Of course it is...but there are certain differences just like between these two wheels.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Nice :head: Going to look good under the truck. I personally like those wheels but its your call on what you want to do about it.
Weld Wheels :rocking: IMO

Y2KSierra said:
You ordered the Mountain Crushers so you are entitled to them.

Now if you are happy with the Stone Crushers I would definately tell them exactly what happened and let them know that you would like to be compensated for having to wait so long and be forced to take your "second choice" of wheels. Maybe they will refund 5% of your purchase price or something for the inconvienence. Afterall, it is their mistake, not yours.

That would be like if you ordered a Sierra and the dealer jacked you arond forever then gave you a Silverado and said "well, its the same thing" Of course it is...but there are certain differences just like between these two wheels.
:word:

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm definately gonna call them and see if they are gonna make up for their mistake. the only way i'll ship these wheels back, would be if they send out a second set first. then when that set gets here i'll send these back. i don't want to be stuck without wheels for another month or so.

·
Registered
30 Posts
wow....i just looked up the mountain crushers...those things look pretty ugly. i'd stick with the stone crushers but just complain to the store you got 'em from saying they f'ed up. i think it was a sign that you ended up with better lookin' wheels... :)

·
Blown Daily
656 Posts
I have a buddy with an 02' Z71 Tahoe , Cognito lift and the mountain crushers on it with 37" tires..... In my opinion, the wheels you have there are going to look alot better on your truck!!! ALOT better. This is only "my opinion" , so take it as you wish.

Jason

PS.. Actually, if you want to see his Tahoe with the mountain crushers, check out www.ccmoffroad.com and look at the installs section.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
It depends. I'd be pretty pissed, if I were you, since they didnt send what you had ordered. But... I like the Mountain Crushers, I say keep them. But whatever you decide, I would definitely call and bitch at them. :D

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
new development: one of the wheels won't hold air. theres a small hole in it that spews air. the tire went from 50psi to unreadable in under an hour. now i have to deal with offroadsuperstores AGAIN!!! :flame: :flame: :flame:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts