GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 265/40/22 were still rubbing the firewall and wire harness a little so I decided to go with 265/35 like everyone else. Only up front though. I kept the 40's out back. After I body drop it that will be a little less that I need to raise the front to clear for sharp turns. There isn't a huge difference in looks but there is a big difference in my clearance to the fire wall and wire harness. You can see in the pictures that my front is a little high still. Front is sitting on those little nubs where the old crossmembers bolted to. I think I'll drag those off tonight on my way home from work!

Coming soon, my accuair elevel is on it's way and should be here thursday. Look for my upcoming install thread on that. Should be sweet!

DSCN1820.jpg

DSCN1823.jpg

DSCN1821.jpg

DSCN1822.jpg

·
3,161 Posts
Truck looks clean. I don't think I've ever seen a non-driveway picture though :crazy:. Any plans to colormatch the handle, grill, bumper etc>?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Looks good man. Color match that front end!

And put in some tubs. I hate when i can see thru peoples beds. Seems like a hack job so their truck will lay. (i'm not saying yours is, but most peoples with no fenders are all hacked so they can lay)

Notice any difference in ride quality?

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Truck looks clean. I don't think I've ever seen a non-driveway picture though :crazy:. Any plans to colormatch the handle, grill, bumper etc>?
Thats funny. I drove it to work today. I usually just take pictures right after I do something so that means in the driveway for pictures. After the body drop all of the black plastic will get color matched.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good man. Color match that front end!

And put in some tubs. I hate when i can see thru peoples beds. Seems like a hack job so their truck will lay. (i'm not saying yours is, but most peoples with no fenders are all hacked so they can lay)

Notice any difference in ride quality?
No change in ride quality that I can tell. I'm waiting till I'm done with BD to do tubs. I hate seeing a finished truck with the bottom of the original front tub still in. You can still see it on mine but I'm not done.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that I have a smaller tire in front I can lay it out while driving. Stupid roads around here just got re-done with tar then gravel then another layer of tar. It sucks because when I lay out it sounds like a spray of pebles hitting the underside of my truck. My truck just ripps the gravel right of the street. What a shitty way to re-pave a road.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,237 Posts
Truck looks badass. You cant really tell a while lot of difference in the tire size from the pics IMO though.

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
the polar bear

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
take pics when you body it. SO i have something to go off of

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think I've ever seen a non-driveway picture though :crazy:.
Ha, take that! I took my quad for a ride today so I thought taking it in numatk would be appropriate. Saw this spot and had the camera with me so why not.

DSCN1893.jpg

DSCN1894.jpg

DSCN1895.jpg

DSCN1896.jpg

DSCN1897.jpg

DSCN1902.jpg

DSCN1898.jpg

DSCN1905.jpg

DSCN1904.jpg

DSCN1903.jpg

DSCN1901.jpg

DSCN1900.jpg

DSCN1899.jpg

DSCN1907.jpg

DSCN1906.jpg

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:head3: Looks good off the driveway
Fuck ya it does. I need to take more pictures when I drive it. And i was actually using it for a truck. It rides beter with the quad in it. The psi is the same front to back with it in there.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
Fuck ya it does. I need to take more pictures when I drive it. And i was actually using it for a truck. It rides beter with the quad in it. The psi is the same front to back with it in there.
hell yea!
looks fuckin sick!

thats a big:bird: for those who say people who are bagged dont use their trucks.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hell yea!
looks fuckin sick!

thats a big:bird: for those who say people who are bagged dont use their trucks.
I definitely use it when I can. With the kp it actually rides better with my quad in there. It makes the pressure even front to back at level. And with the accuair it is a dream. Hitting one switch and knowing I'm level no matter what load is in there. I love driving it. This truck just floats going 70mph about 1.5" off the ground.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts