GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone else's get hot fast like about a minute? it sounds like a damn alien ship hovering around too

i need to fix a couple of leaks and make sure everything is kosher for the 15 thousandnt time :D :D :D

bout to leave for a test drive... hope i make it back

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its in process right now(just finished plumbing) next week it should be in the shop getting setup for the 22's in the front

by the time i get it back my kp 6-link should be in and ready to install

on the ester oil i drained the oil and called jim at airlift and talked to him about some other stuff and he said they already switch the oil out when they ship now so i went and got some str8 30 w non deg oil and put it back in.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
My first compressor with ester oil was very loud. My 2nd one I put 30w in, and it's very quiet. Fill up's are about every month. Yea, it will get very warm after a minute of use.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what's an easy way to fill them back up with out takeing them off?
can i just add oil from the discharge port since that's where it comes out

the drain port that was on the outside towards the fender was slighly stripped so i dont want to take it off and on alot and the other side is blocked by the bracket so i would have to pull it once a month to refill?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
i use the hole on the side of the compressor. I dont think you could do it through the discharge port. It would all stay on top of the piston for a while. It may eventually drain, but I dont know how long that would take

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.