GMC Truck Forum banner

which tails?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
nobody liked my avatar
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it sucks that i got rearended but hey i look at it this way...i get a rollpan welded in and my tailgate shaved out of it! but i dont know if i should keep my 03s or get rid of the tails and put led strips in the back like chicksdigit's truck..like so:
HPIM4360.jpg

HPIM4359.jpg

oh heres pics...
PIC-0094.jpg

PIC-0091.jpg

PIC-0090.jpg

PIC-0095.jpg

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Work Truck Bumper, Colormatched. 03 Chevy Tails. Shaved gate, or get it colormatched.

Your truck sits too high for a roll pan IMO.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
someone needs to rear end me!

03 tails unless its laid out.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
How strong are our trucks? I see many new Chevy/GMC's that got hit and look like that. How fast were you hit? What hit you? Wouldn't your trailer hitch stop the bumper from folding over?

Keep the 03 Tails.

Mr. 960

·
Registered
67 Posts
i would leave it like that ha cuz from the side view u still have a clean look like with a roll pan than from the back u still got the everyday work man bumper so right now u got two in one

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
When the bed hits the cab. Thats no good

·
nobody liked my avatar
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i would leave it like that ha cuz from the side view u still have a clean look like with a roll pan than from the back u still got the everyday work man bumper so right now u got two in one
i dont like the boyett style rearends... :suicide:

·
The ShiZnit!
1,062 Posts
Your Truck is TOTALLED!! Sorry to be the first one to tell you this but that is major frame damage and I wouldn't want the truck back if I were YOU!!
I had the same thing happen to my 03 silverado and the insurance tried to weezel me and get frame straightning, but I got a lawyer and the truck was totaled... In my opinion I would check your frame out... I would make a bet that it is bent...:imo

·
nobody liked my avatar
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your Truck is TOTALLED!! Sorry to be the first one to tell you this but that is major frame damage and I wouldn't want the truck back if I were YOU!!
I had the same thing happen to my 03 silverado and the insurance tried to weezel me and get frame straightning, but I got a lawyer and the truck was totaled... In my opinion I would check your frame out... I would make a bet that it is bent...:imo
hmm...maybe so. shit that scares me...guess ill take it to the shop today to see. Thanks for lookin out

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
just because the bed touched the cab doesnt mean its totalled.. same shit happend to my dads truck and we've had it checked out and 10 different shops and the mother fucker doesnt have frame damage nor is it totalled.. and it looks identical to shanes dent

1 - 20 of 28 Posts