GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I stopped by my stereo place yesterday (Pacific Stereo) to talk about getting another amp to run my 2 10" Alpine Type R's. So I ended up trading my JL Audio 500/1 amp PLUS $460.00 for a Rockford Fosgate 801s 2400 watt amp. The guy said "it will make it thump blah blah." So after it was installed I heard absolutely no difference.. even with my base knob.

So after bitching I got to trade in my subs for 2 brand new 10" JL W6 subs.. and they hit harder, except now I need to go back and get a (hopefully free) capacitor.

Yesterday was a rough day.. Friday 13th, but I guess I got hooked up.

$460 + my 2 Alpine subs + my JL 500/1 amp FOR a Rockford Fosgate 2400 watt amp (I heard it's very good) and 2 JL W6's.

Just though I'd share my day...

Justin

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
nice setup now

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.. I'm gonna go back there and get some more shit for free :naughty:

Pacific Stereo is in Woodland Hills I think.. 818

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
How do you like the RF 801S? I was thinking about getting one too for my 2 RF 10" HE2's. You traded a JL Audio 500/1 amp PLUS $460.00 to get a 801S? You can get one here for only $259.00. Even Best Buy (which is high when it comes to this stuff) is only $449.99.

·
Banned
164 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
How do you like the RF 801S? I was thinking about getting one too for my 2 RF 10" HE2's. You traded a JL Audio 500/1 amp PLUS $460.00 to get a 801S? You can get one here for only $259.00. Even Best Buy (which is high when it comes to this stuff) is only $449.99.
Maybe he's talking about a different one. I know he said 801S, but that link you gave to that specific amp is only 800 watts.
Either way, businesses are in it to make money, I doubt he got anything for free

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
2k1Sierra said:
Maybe he's talking about a different one. I know he said 801S, but that link you gave to that specific amp is only 800 watts.
Either way, businesses are in it to make money, I doubt he got anything for free
No that amp is 2400 watts, that's the way RF lists them as.
You can read about it here
I wasn't saying he got anything free I was saying he got ripped if he traded a 500 watt amp and $460 for that amp.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
No that amp is 2400 watts, that's the way RF lists them as.
You can read about it here
I wasn't saying he got anything free I was saying he got ripped if he traded a 500 watt amp and $460 for that amp.
Thats peak power, will it ever produce that much? Highly unlikely

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
err, i didn't really wanna say anything, but you can get a 1001BD for like 350, new. 460 seems insanely high to me. But if u got the W6s with that price, i guess it ain't that bad. Screw getting the cap, ask them for a yellow top. I personally think my 2 caps are worthless.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah these people are kinda shadey.. I am gonna go back there Monday (if they're open) because I didnt any time at all Friday so as far as I know I may go back there and get all my money/shit back OR a new FREE box with 2 12" W6's.. and maybe get the doors Dynamat (extreme) for 100 bucks..

I'll keep ya'll updated.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
00Silverado said:
Thats peak power, will it ever produce that much? Highly unlikely
Oh nah I know it will never produce that much. I was just saying it was the same amp he was refering to. I didn't want the guy to pay too much for it when he could get it or something else cheaper.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
Oh nah I know it will never produce that much. I was just saying it was the same amp he was refering to. I didn't want the guy to pay too much for it when he could get it or something else cheaper.
Word, his jl audio amp was probably as much as that fosgate amp

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
his JL amp was better than his RF amp... The rf is at 14 volts... the JL is rated at 12

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Yeah that's what I was saying. I have 1 RF HE2 10 now and wanted to add another do ya'll think that 801S is good or should I get something bigger?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I might just go get all my shit back.. they were refering to that amp as GODLY.

I hope they're open tomorrow (President's Day)

And no they don't sell refridgerators there.. lol.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
the JL Audio amps seem to be more raw wide open power were as the RF amps will net you more SQ and less light dimming

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah but the JL amp was 500 watts.. this RF amp is 2,400 watts. I was just driving around and it definately bumps way harder and louder.. but it's still not what I want.

I guess it's not possible (without spending thousands of dollars) to get serious bass that you can hear from a block away IN A TRUCK.

My girlfriend has 2 12" JL W0's in her trunk (mustang) and I can hear her from blocks away.

I may be getting an in-dash Clarion touch screen soon so maybe that would better my system a little..

and BTW, the JL amp and old Alpine subs never made any of my lights dim.. except my old factory headlights, but the new setup makes all my shit in my car dim..

·
Registered
277 Posts
that rockford amp puts out about 850watts and no more, the test sheet in the box should have a test power output on it. Rockford did some dumb shit last year when they started putting that power ratings on the amps, it made it really hard to sell them the new stuff doesnt have any of that crap on it

yeah though if you traded in that other amp and paid that much just for the amp (and not the speakers) then yeah they got one over on you

1 - 20 of 21 Posts