GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was a very very busy day at the track yesterday. so i got a total of two runs.

the first and best was 13.272 @103.33. i left the line with no boost and about 2200rpm for a 2.073 60ft. this was with about 12psi. the second run i red lighted and didn't know it so i got a grand ole 3.85 60ft and ran a 14.2 at 104mph. vid of first run http://videos.streetfire.net/video/turbo-tahoe-132_705866.htm i was in full weight with spare tire and all. even left the car seats in and had the tool box in the back.
second run http://videos.streetfire.net/video/turbo-tahoe-1429_706003.htm

my buddy got the 4.3l out there too. the 5spd in that thing SUCKS lol and i don't think he quit has the hang of the racing thing yet. it popped out of first off the line so he had to shove it back in. he ran a 16 something at...get this.....102mph. lol
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/43l-turbo-silverado_705885.htm

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
nice! Great #'s with that behemoth! Too bad you couldn't get more runs in.

So how does your 3200 stall match up with your turbo kit? wish it was tighter or looser at all?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kinda pissed about only getting two runs. soon as i can on a cool night i wanna go again. after i completed the ls6 cam swap i wasn't impressed with my high boost power. well i guess i didn't pay enough attention to my tune and boost gauge. come to find out my high boost went down to almost low boost. i guess the cam made more power and was pushing the wastegate open. so i adjusted the regulator and am almost to the same high boost as before. let me tell ya it is crazy. the thing just screams!!! the afr is fianlly almost perfect. it needed alot of tuning.

the sc3200 is awesome. i love the shit out of this thing. i use to have a tt3000 and it was at 3000rpm all the time. truck wouldn't move until like 2800rpm. so heavy and when boost came in it would blow through sometimes. now driving around feels almost stock as far as rpm unless you smash the go pedal. when brake stalling it, it will only go to about 2500 untill boost the it goes right to 3200. its pretty awesome. its nice to be able to tow and not be in sky high rpm's to get moving.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've replaced the trans twice. stock lasted about a year. the second trans lasted less than that. now i have a finish line level 7 with billet input and output shafts. i'm working on getting a new model 9.5" rear to replace my stock 10bolt. i broke an axle a few weeks back.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
do you have headers or a cam?
vvv

kinda pissed about only getting two runs. Soon as i can on a cool night i wanna go again. after i completed the ls6 cam swap i wasn't impressed with my high boost power. well i guess i didn't pay enough attention to my tune and boost gauge. Come to find out my high boost went down to almost low boost. I guess the cam made more power and was pushing the wastegate open. So i adjusted the regulator and am almost to the same high boost as before. Let me tell ya it is crazy. The thing just screams!!! The afr is fianlly almost perfect. It needed alot of tuning.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Shit's pretty sweet! Is that your wife or g/f talking in the vids, shit made me laugh!

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
oh. my bad :crazy: Well I wanna supercharge my truck but I don't really wanna get into internals. Would I be alright with just a built transmission and rear end?
yea you'd be fine, just don't expect to go fast.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh. my bad :crazy: Well I wanna supercharge my truck but I don't really wanna get into internals. Would I be alright with just a built transmission and rear end?
you will need a built trans for sure. i'm turbo charged so no header for me. most people don't consider cam swap internals. no need to tear down the motor for a cam swap. take about 4 hours to do if all goes straight forward. stock ten bolt with a good diff is pretty strong. depends on how much power you wanna make what gear you run and how big of tire you run.

Shit's pretty sweet! Is that your wife or g/f talking in the vids, shit made me laugh!
that was my wife. she races it sometimes too we take turns. she kinda gets into it lol. she thought the second run was gonna be a good one too but i redlighted so it sucked.

yea you'd be fine, just don't expect to go fast.
no shit, there is nothing like having a hi and low boost switch in the cab!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its always nice when the wives like to go. plus she is a way better camera girl than my friends they all suck. most of her vids are not shaky but my daughter was pulling on the camera on some of those vids.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.