GMC Truck Forum banner

Got the 38s on 24s mounted (pics)

10K views 50 replies 46 participants last post by  04silvy 
#1 ·
These kumhos are WAY quieter than the nittos... not even noticeable on the highway until past 60, and then its road noise, not howling or screaming.
Tires measured bigger by 1" than the 38" grapplers, and only 1" narrower including the sidelugs... they are wider than i thought they would be.

Anyway, pics :big_banana_Dance:

And some spikes for ya

See less See more
Discussion starter · #28 ·
Thanks guys. I'm loving them so far.

I know I know. I need to finish blacking out the truck by painting the rear bumper, steps, and taillghts... I can't just lose the steps cause the truck is too high to get in and out of easily
Rambo, headlights put out better than I expected, they work almost as well as the factory headlights, I like them looks wise and performance wise.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
yeah, i know the flaps are ugly as fuck, but i need em around here or i get pulled over and given inspection notices. Already happened. but yeah, i hate mudflaps

Discussion starter · #42 ·
Yeah, so an update... the tires are not loud at all on the highway, and smoother than the mud grapplers even though there is way less sidewall (even the girlfriend noticed the ride was smoother).

so my plans are to black out everything BUT the wheels for now. So, in the next few months, i'm thinking i'll do the Recon black taillights and cab light, black rear bumper, and some RBP black steps (NFAB makes them for them, but i can actually get the RBP steps cheaper). I'd do the amp steps, but they are a small fortune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.