GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put 4.30 gears and a Detroit Truetrac in the rear last Saturday. dropped the tranny and put in a TB stall this weekend. I spent a little time cleaning her up this afternoon. It's good to have it back together. Now I need a set of Helo Maxx 6 rims with Dick Cepek F-C II or Bridgeston Dueler A/T Revos in 285/75-16 or 305/70-16. I'd love add a Goodmark cowl hood and red/chrome Esky handles. Clear corners are on the way. I know the nerf bars and bed rails are a little "old" for most of you guys, but I like them:endofshow

'01 w/59K miles

Denali grill insert & painted mirrors

Doug Thorley Tri-Y LTs

LS-1 fans & AirRaid MIT

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
Sweet, very sweet, looks showroom...:patriot:

·
GolfnBeer
668 Posts
Hey I live right down the road from you in Miami township. I went to school in carlisle. Nice lookin truck i plan on getting some electric fans also. I love the painted mirrors. Looks clean this weather is not bad but alot freakin rain.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny you say that. It's not clean. Lots of dust on it. Probably just because of the low miles, doesn't see much salt, and has been sprayed down a couple times. I just figured I'd show my headers while I was taking pics.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey I live right down the road from you in Miami township. I went to school in carlisle. Nice lookin truck i plan on getting some electric fans also. I love the painted mirrors.
Small world. I bought the mirrors off another member here. I really like them. I'd love to have the painted/chrome Esky door handles to finish the theme.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Looks good. I love the unsuspecting looks of it :rofl2:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind words. I honestly expected to get razzed about my cab lights, nerf bars, mud flaps, bed cover, bed rails, and flag. Clean seems to be the popular theme which I do like as well. What do you guys think about Helo Maxx 6 rims on it? Helos, Esky handles, and a Goodmark cowl hood would finish it off for me.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Helo's=Played out
the cowl hood would be a nice addition.
Either way, esky's or Tahoe handles would do the trick

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
Small world. I bought the mirrors off another member here. I really like them. I'd love to have the painted/chrome Esky door handles to finish the theme.
Yea im about 20 to 30 away from you as well. Its gonna be killer when you have it back together.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its gonna be killer when you have it back together.
I had it back together Saturday morning. I put it sideways making a turn from a stop sign with my wife yesterday afternoon:rocking: For some reason she didn't like it realy well. I asked her if she felt a little out of control and she said something about all the money I spent on my rides:evil:

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
on a truck like yours, the good 'ole Mickey Thomson Classics would work rather nice... they look tough.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Funny you mention "Bajas". That's always been my favorite rim. I had them on my '89 and loved them. I thought maybe they were to "tough" looking for my truck. It was only recently that I saw the Maxx 6s and loved them. They'd sure be a lot cheaper, unless I went with ProComp 6079s, which are chrome.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
I like them too and on your truck I think they'd look pretty nice. it would keep it pretty simple.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1079s are $139/ea and 6079s are $186/ea. MT Classic IIs are $121/ea. What about Moto Metal 955s?

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
the wheel itself looks nice but all the BS around the edge of the rim of garbage... JMO though... I like simple stuff.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well the Baja is a clean, simple, and classic style. Would you go polished 1079s for $120 or chrome 6079s for $180? Just looking for others opinions. I'm still likin' the Maxx 6s for $180. What do the rest of you think would look best on my truck?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I have a Sung Top :D Flaps work if you drive in the crap weather all the time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts