GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Sir Michaels bolt-in Roll Pan in the Mail today.... I was suprised to see that it needs some body work done before I have it painted(i guess most roll pans need body filler before priming and painting :insane:

Is this normal for all roll pans or what?

e21480eb.gif

de976bc0.gif

And how much should I be looking to pay to have this painted along with my SS tailgate Cap?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Chris99GMC said:
I got my Sir Michaels bolt-in Roll Pan in the Mail today.... I was suprised to see that it needs some body work done before I have it painted(i guess most roll pans need body filler before priming and painting :insane:
When my brother got his we were shcoked too to see it wasn't fully welded, primed or ready to paint .... there have been numerous Sir Mikes versus Custom Classics rollpan threads on here .. I like them both, but still say for the person who wants a steel roll pan ready to paint and bolt on, then Custom Classics is the way, it comes primed and and ready to paint, no bodywork needed .... plus it's $70 cheaper :read:

With that said though, Sir Mikes pans look great when they are finished :head:

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Yup..what they said. That is how sir mikes sells their pans. They aren't stamped units like the CC pans. I've used both and both are great but the Sir Mikes needs more work to get done...

Cameron

·
Registered
50 Posts
Badassilverado said:
I agree with Bill, even though I still don't like the design of the license plate boxes on the CC pans. But yeah that's exactly how my Sir Michaels pan came too. Doesn't matter, the bodyshop didn't charge me extra for having to prep. it and it turned out perfect. Payed $120 to have it painted btw.

Lucky bastard! Up in Alaska, they charged a friend of mine well over a grand to paint, prep, and install a roll pan on his 2000 dodge.

·
Registered
785 Posts
yeah sir mikes need more work before getting painted, good looking pan but I went with a CC pan myself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts