GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw some posts - Saw some pics - now I've got to have one. Anybody know the part number for a Vortec Max Engine Cover. Gotta Have one for my 2001 5.3L. I wish I had the 6.0 to go with it but ya can't have everything. Thanx!! :worship:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx so much - spitfire - Didn't want a 3 pieces but "Gotta Have it" and not bad for $115.00. You know Men and Their Toys. Thanx!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Get a set from a denali or ss, only diff is it says 6000 vortec instead of Vortec Max. Might be able to find one on ebay cheaper than $115

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I heard that apprently these things dont really bolt up tho do they.....???? i ahve a 99 5.3 I want a nice engine cover..friggen LSx motors are so ugly...
will it bolt up or no dice?

·
Registered
125 Posts
does any one know if this will work on a 4.8? it says in jp's add that it is for 5.3 and 6.0 only. i never knew there was a difference.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
does any one know if this will work on a 4.8? it says in jp's add that it is for 5.3 and 6.0 only. i never knew there was a difference.
I think the mounting holes on the 4.8 are different than the ones on the 5.3 & 6.0 but I'm not positive. :think:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts