GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I broke the cardinal rule of NEVER use a snow brush on our trucks...

I had no choice, we got nailed with 30" of snow in one night and I had to clear my truck off to see so I could move it for the plow guy.. Yeah not just snow on the windshield, but snow on the hood so high, it was level with the roof :shock:

Anywho... The bristles themselves didn't scratch it, the metal clamp that holds them in the brush did.. it slipped and put a nice 2" gouge on my hood... right down to the metal. I run my thumbnail across it and it catches, pretty good.

Anyone have some tips on how to repair this using touchup paint without it looking like a 2" long line of paint?

And since I think its down to the metal, should I put vasoline or something on it - to keep salt and shit away from it while the temps are too low for touchup?

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
IDK man sounds bad. Try some scratch X or maybe some clay then buff buff buff

As soon as you said you used the brush on the hood I felt sick to my stomach. LOL

·
Registered
3,278 Posts

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Min came from summit and it was freight delivery only so I had it sent right to my bodyman

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Wwoowow... $449.95 at Summit, how much is Freight and Paint gonna cost! Fuck, a grand for a hood
Pretty much!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts