GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is my truck governed @ 100mph?

Are all the nnbs set up this way from the factory?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Yes, any particular reason you need to go past 100mph?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have this thing called the crosstown down here, but I call it my personal autobahn.

Ill talk to the dealer on Sat about removing it...

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
We have this thing called the crosstown down here, but I call it my personal autobahn.

LOL. The dealer will laugh at you about removing it, although it is easily done by them or any tuner. But the driveshaft exploding comment above is no joke.

·
cunts
2,743 Posts
Would you really want to have a tire blow out at 100mph on a half ton truck? Or a ujoint fail, sending your driveshaft out in pieces? Might reconsider.

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
Would you really want to have a tire blow out at 100mph on a half ton truck? Or a ujoint fail, sending your driveshaft out in pieces? Might reconsider.
the aluminum dirve shafts take themselve into peices not long after 100, ask a few members on here.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Governed for a reason...

·
Registered
456 Posts
some say its to keep evolution from sorting itself out, others say legal stuff, and other say to protect the manufacturer due to inferior design (shitty drive shafts).

All of the above likely play a role.

·
GMFS Senior Member
3,237 Posts

You aren't special, so get over yourself. Then again maybe you DON'T need a speed limiter so you can kill yourself. Have fun when your driveshaft explodes!

the aluminum dirve shafts take themselve into peices not long after 100, ask a few members on here.
Matt's old blue RCSB started getting that odd harmonic vibration at around 80, and it got progressive worse on a linear plane the higher speed he went........

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
correct me if im wrong but you can go well over 100 on the 2 piece drive shafts....and why past 100? cuz 100 aint shittt just sayin and its bull shit when you want to mess with a import or 5.0 and so on and you pull from him untill he blows by you at 110....VERY frustrating...

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
These trucks are designed for hauling, not racing. If you intend to race it then it is expected that you'll modify things for that purpose, including the driveshaft and a tune.

If you want something made for higher speeds as delivered from the factory then you're barking up the wrong tree with common trucks.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
If you said your truck was hitting the governor at the track because you were hitting triple digits in the 1/4 mile that would be one thing...just trying to drive like a moron on the interstate is RETARDED...Its a truck in case you forgot. If you want to go that fast upgrade everything else you have to. There is a reason those governors are in place.

Someday you juveniles will grow up and realize that racing another dipshit on the highway with plenty of other drivers around is stupid and irresponsible. At least at the track you have the benefit of knowing there isn't any debris on the track or someone who will change lanes in front of you.

Hopefully you make it to 100 mph, your driveshaft explodes and the circle of darwin is complete...My only hope is you don't kill some innocent bystander in the process...

And before anyone says 'get off your high horse' blah blah...I have street raced back when I was young and dumb. 150mph+ side by side racing my buddies Cobra in my Z on the interstate. Looking back I realize how stupid it was..someday hopefully you will too.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Yea well I guess everyone who has a bike vette viper lambo ect will just stick to the track....yea I dont think so

·
AllOffTopic.com FTW!
8,460 Posts
If you intend to race it then it is expected that you'll modify things for that purpose, including the driveshaft and a tune.
Also tires. Most vehicles these days come governed for the maximum speed rating of the OEM tires.

If you said your truck was hitting the governor at the track because you were hitting triple digits in the 1/4 mile that would be one thing...just trying to drive like a moron on the interstate is RETARDED. {...whole rant...} Looking back I realize how stupid it was..someday hopefully you will too.
:word:
Yea well I guess everyone who has a bike vette viper lambo ect will just stick to the track....yea I dont think so
:shrug: They're jerks too. Public roads are neither intended nor safe for racing. It's your right to put yourself at risk, but you're putting innocent others at risk when you race somewhere other than a closed racing course (such as a track). Even a seemingly empty highway could have someone on it, and even if it doesn't it's still not designed for that kind of speed.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts