GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever hear of a window tint that gradates from say 50% to something like 20%. I put 35% window tint on my 2 front windows and 35% on my back window over the factory tint (2007 NNBS rcsb). I want it to be darker so I'm always contemplating the windshield tint. I get the feeling 50% really isn't worth the time and effort, but don't want the 35% to be a visibility issue, or trouble for that matter.

Anyways, my thought is a film that gets darker as it goes up the windshield. Anyone ever heard of it???

Oh, by the way, not a big fan on the dark eyebrow tint as a solution.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
just get a regular 35% film for your windshield, perfect percentage for a windshield. Gives you the privacy/sun protection you are looking for while still being very easy to see out of
gz027.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I think your right about the 35% on the windshield. It's raining and pretty cloudy and dark out today and looking out my side windows (35%) it would be totally fine.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
I put 35% on my windshield and love it. I have yet to be messed with for it. However, results may vary.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
"I'm a coors man anyway..."
Great quote :roflsquared:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
your not worried about cops??
Yes, I take the law enforcement into consideration, but 35 really isn't that dark, so I'm hoping it wouldn't be much of an issue. Could be wrong.

I had much darker tint on my old rcsb and they eventually got me for it for my sides (15%)... jerks. Man that makes me mad, middle of the day too, I was running errands for work too. Had on a business hat an all. Cop still thought I was going to pull something on him.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
rollin double 5 with a brow and its dark as fuck. why no brow

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
It will stick out but if thats what you want do it. I have 5% on my sides and 35% down my windshield. From a couple feet away it looks dark as fuck but when you get close you can see through it. I keep my windowsdownin town so I havent had any hassles lately.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
I need to get a brow

·
GMFS Czar
2,031 Posts
The "gradient" window tint you are asking for does exist however most tint shops don't carry it. Simple reason is there's no demand for it. People generally just want their windows dark and protected. I had 35% on my entire windshield for years on my '01 Silverado and never had any problems with visibility. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I put 35% on my windshield and love it. I have yet to be messed with for it. However, results may vary.
i heard tint laws are a little less strict in vegas do to heat so u can go as dark as u want? correct me if im wrong

leave the winshield just another window u gotta pay for :imo

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
im probably gonna go with 50% on the shield with a brow (because i have no visors), 15% or 20% on the sides, and 5% on the back.

i need to get in touch with nevrendz's tint guy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rollin double 5 with a brow and its dark as fuck. why no brow
I'm not a big fan of a brow because of how noticeable it is. Just looks unnatural. I would much rather have the whole window the same shade so it's clean looking.

pretty sure you will stick out like a sore thumb to CHP... they seem to be the ones to actually give a shit

I know this is NOT A TRUCK it is just to show that its going to look dark as shit
Yea, that Chrysler's windows are DARK, but damn they look good.

The "gradient" window tint you are asking for does exist however most tint shops don't carry it. Simple reason is there's no demand for it. People generally just want their windows dark and protected. I had 35% on my entire windshield for years on my '01 Silverado and never had any problems with visibility. Just my $.02.
Hmm I'll have to call a few shops and see if anyone around me has any. Thanks for letting me know.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
i heard tint laws are a little less strict in vegas do to heat so u can go as dark as u want? correct me if im wrong

leave the winshield just another window u gotta pay for :imo
They don't seem to mind as much as what other people say but I know people that get busted for it. One kid I know gets tickets constantly because he insists on having double 4% on everything and one layer of 4% on the windshield. He doesn't listen or learn for some reason. He's been rocking 4% on the windshield with a strip cut out of the middle so it's a visor and a rock guard type deal. Looks dumb :imo

I lived in california for six months staying in san diego and driving to riverside for class twice a week with the windows like this. I've lived in vegas with it like this for around 5 months now. No troubles anywhere :shrug:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts