GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah so my grandma is payin for me to get some exhaust (early birthday present) what i was wonderin is what muffler should i get for my 4.3? i dont want it to be real loud but i want it to be heard but still sound good.. i know it cant sound like a v8 so whatever you think sounds best..

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
maybe a dynomax super turbo.....

the 4.3 sounds like garbage when its too loud. sorry but its true :insane:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats why i said i dont want it to be too loud..... is the 40 series too loud?

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
Everyone will have different opinions on what too loud or too quiet really is. Generally speaking a 40 series is on the louder side. I'd probably avoid that one. Demon's truck sounds pretty good and I believe he has a Gibson Super Truck muffler.

Cameron

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
Id say a medium sized magnaflow, keep it quiet but might make it sound a little deeper.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
My JBA Evol is nice, but it is made by Magnaflow, so I say Magnaflow.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
i have a dynomax turbo muffler turned down before the axle. it sounds nice on start up and at low RPM, but once it gets over 2k rpm's it sounds nasty.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I just cut off my dynomax turbo muffler, god i hated that thing. I just installed a flowmaster 40 series dumped before the axle yesterdy, the only time it doesnt sound good is when im running the shit out of it. :read:

·
Registered
342 Posts
go with the 40 series. Wont be to loud at all. my buddies got one on his 4.3 and it sounds pretty good. Not like a c8 but good enough

·
Member # 625
968 Posts
I have a Flowmaster 70 series with down turns on my V6. With a RCSB, don't get down turns unless you are fine with interior resonance and lots of exhaust noice. I regret not getting tailpipes, and will as soon as summer comes around. I have gotten many compliments on how much it mimics the sound of a V8.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts