GMC Truck Forum banner

Greg’s AT4

1040 Views 31 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  jglew82
‘23 AT4 with premium pkg and 3.0.

Short term plans:
1. 285/65/20 Wildpeaks
2. 5100’s set level
3. Rough Country tonneau

Otherwise just plan on driving it. Hands down my favorite truck I’ve purchased so far.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Some dude on the internet
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got a couple things done today. Nothing ground breaking or exciting.

1. Dashcam from my previous truck. This time I took the time and installed the rear one.

2. Shorty antenna because garage door.

3. 5100’s. Only got the rears done today. Gonna use my buddy’s spring compressor in his shop later this week or next to do the fronts.

Junk ass franchos

· Registered
11,955 Posts
been eyeing ths 3.0's as well. Curious to see how it performs with the heavier toyo's. Still have yet to test drive one but watched numerous reviews. Is it true that the passing gear and speeds 55+ it seems gutless?

1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It won’t win any races, but I definitely wouldn’t call it gutless either. To me, it has plenty of power, and so did my ‘21. The ‘23 has almost 30 more hp and 35 more lb/ft at slightly higher rpm, so it should make a noticeable difference. I’ll track my fuel economy with the Toyos and update this thread.

· Registered
4,347 Posts
Does yours have the AFM?

1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know it's not indicative of long term mileage, but the trip into work this morning returned 28.7 mpg on the dash. For reference, the best my hybrid F150 did was 26 or so, and averaged right at 20 long term. Time will tell.

· Registered
11,955 Posts
hnnnng, very appealing even with bigger tires. Would love an AT4 but a 2wd elevation with a 4" spindle would suit me just fine in the DFW concrete jungle

1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hnnnng, very appealing even with bigger tires. Would love an AT4 but a 2wd elevation with a 4" spindle would suit me just fine in the DFW concrete jungle
I'm stupid like that, lol. I built an elevation online (4wd) the way I wanted it, and it ended up like $700 less than the SLT. So my idiot logic said F it, just go for the AT4. I'd go for a 2wd again, but any time there is snow/ice, I have to come into work and run the de-icing crew on site, so 4wd it is.

· Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
1,244 Posts
Every time there is snow/ice I say I can't come in and just work from home, everyone roasts me but fuck em they aren't the ones who are going to be on the horn with insurance if some dipshit hits me.

1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Every time there is snow/ice I say I can't come in and just work from home, everyone roasts me but fuck em they aren't the ones who are going to be on the horn with insurance if some dipshit hits me.
When it happens, I usually come in at 2am, stay for the duration of the event, and use our facilities trucks to go back and forth to the hotel they put us up in. Feb 12-19 2021 was a long ass week.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts