GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
big nick
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the 04-up hd grill with that little plastic gray piece at the bottom, does that come off and if it does, will it bolt up on a 1500? need to know asap!

·
GM Parts Consultant
591 Posts
I don't think so. The only reason the HD's have it is because they have a 2 inch body lift from the factory, I don't think it would work with a half ton.

·
big nick
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what im saying, they have that gray piece underneight, does that come off?

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
I dont think that the piece you are speaking of is connected to the grill shell.

·
Registered
807 Posts
go to the dealer and tell them you need to price one out. and ask if its the same p/n but an additional p/n for the plastic peice...

·
Registered
151 Posts
nope it wont fit unless you cut that lower gap filler piece off. it's not hard at all. it just takes a little time. i actually have one that's already cut out in my garage. i'll try and get some pics for yah. cut it out for a buddy putting an 05 gmc grill on his 00

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
oh, wow. I was thinking of it being like the piece on the half tons. Why not just use a 03+ half ton grill shell?

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I don't think so. The only reason the HD's have it is because they have a 2 inch body lift from the factory, I don't think it would work with a half ton.
LOL, HD's don't have a 2" body lift. The frame is 1.5" taller.

·
GMFS Uber-Member
688 Posts
I swear to god if I hear any more fighting about whether the HDs have a 2" higher body mount or a 1.5" taller frame or whatever I just might ignore them damn it! j/k

Cut the lip off...Dremels are you friend

·
big nick
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well this is the only oem ive found so far besides the dealer, so i was going to get it. but someone else won. if anyone knows anyone selling one, let me know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts