GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fixin' to order a billet grille (with GMC cut-out) from Grille4You. I notice it is a bolt-on grille. Where do the bolts/attachments go to? I want to be sure I can put it on without modifying the original grille to fit.

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
My was a stull bolt on it took maybe 30-40 minutes to do it

It may be different on the nbs trucks though

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump. 24 views...I know some of your NBS Sierra owners have put a billet grille on before.

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
u have to put little notches/holes in the grill shell in order for it hold on.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
you dont want to do a cut-out, eh? i dunno about the bolt ons. I've never had one. Personally, i like the cut-outs better. Had a cut-out grille on my 02 shell before i switched to the 03 shell.

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
the wholes wont be seen bc they will be behind the grill you are putting on...im sure it will come with instructions

·
Registered
248 Posts
My bolt worked like so.

Your new grill has spots for a bolt to go thru and a nut screws on the other side to hold i in place do not know the tech. name of it but its spring loaded to keep from un screwing no modifiny or anything I drive a Chevy but I honestly can't see it being any diffferent for GMC.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you dont want to do a cut-out, eh? i dunno about the bolt ons. I've never had one. Personally, i like the cut-outs better. Had a cut-out grille on my 02 shell before i switched to the 03 shell.
I'm getting one WITH a cut-out for the GMC emblem.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I'm gonna have to find out what to do when I get it.

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,392 Posts
on the back of the grille, there will be say, 8 holes, in those holes, you will put the 8 studs they give you. then you put those studs through the grille and tighten the nuts...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts