GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this past weekend my front end got a good bit of attention. new hubs, cv's, and upper ball joints on both sides. did this partly cause I have a hummin/grindin vibration/noise that you can feel under my floorboard and through the steerin wheel. none of this solved that problem...so what could it be? I've heard maybe the u-joints on my front driveshaft could be shit but means how I just spent a good bit of money replacin stuff I prolly could have waited to do I don't wanna jump into this without it bein the problem. so any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
shouldnt be your front u joints, only saying this because i think it only spins in 2wd if you have autotrac. Check rear joints maybe even brakes if they are sticking somewhat on. I was goin to say wheel bearings but it seems like you already have replaced those.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which year trucks have the autotrac then? i thought mine did since it was push button 4wd...and I checked the brakes along with everything I replaced and they seemed good to go but I planned on gettin u-joints replaced here soon...should I just do front and back driveshafts anyways?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
plan to take off my front drive shaft...I have the 4 bolts and 2 straps that hold the front part on taken off, now I'm at the point to take off the clips that hold it to the transfer case...how do I take them off? and will I be able to re use em or do I need to get new ones?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts