GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
i'd get bigger wheels. if they won't even spin you would have to grind to much off to safely clear.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
i'd get bigger wheels. if they won't even spin you would have to grind to much off to safely clear.
i agree heat will make them expand so you will need to grind off to much if you can take them back of sell them for bigger rims

·
I'm on a mission
794 Posts
i see, i'de reccomend at least a 1/4" gap. caliper bracket don't flex that much, well they shouldn't. you could grind a hair off it and run your truck down the road and check the rim for any signs of rubbing. i would get to crazy with the grinder.

·
Registered
640 Posts
yeah you defintaly arent supposed to put 15 inch wheels on a NBS truck. but you should put a small 1/4 inch wheel spacer on and you can grind it down a little. I did that on my old truck because for my first set of wheels i was too cheap to buy new ones.

·
Registered
320 Posts
i ground the shit outta my fbody calipers along with tons of other people to fit 15's with no problems. It dosnt look youd need to grind much imo. Id do it. calipers aint that much anyway if you decide you shouldnt have.

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Scott did some grinding to his calipers on one of his old trucks (I think his old white one) and ran 15" wheels on it...maybe he'll chime in.

·
Chevrolet Owner
364 Posts
I personaly wouldnt be grinding down calipers to fit... Sell and get at least 16's:imo

·
Registered
640 Posts
because the wheel diameter gets a little smaller towards the middle of the wheel, the spacers themselves would only help so that you won't have to grind quite as much down, they wont fix it alone.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
just becasue you can doens't mean you should. Take a look at a 73-87 caliper, esp a d60 caliper. id bet theres seriously 3x the metal on a d60 caliper than that flemsy thing. I wouldn't touch those, period. It only assists in stopping your truck...

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
I would post but I am not sure I want to.lol

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Meh, if you need to touch them off on the corners go for it. The FOS is probably 3x what it needs to be. Just stay away from the bores and don't go crazy.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
the front calipers are fine, you will only have to grind the rear ones to fit 15s.
Yep, only the rears but if I could do it over, truthfully man, I would not do it again at all. I want some 18-20's next.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts