GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this extremely well taken care of 99 silvy off my uncle a couple months ago. He bought it from my other uncle (his brother) brand new. So the truck has been in the family since new. My uncle named her "Griselda" because gris is grey in Spanish so I stuck with it.

Specs when bought.

4.8 with 130k
Freshly rebuilt trans
Spindle lift with upper arms and coils up front
Blocks in rear

Some ugly 16s with newish all terrains

Plans are to make it a clean DD.

New wheels.
Colormatching/ new lights.

Btf uniball upper with cst fabbed spindles
Heim steering
Upgraded shocks

Possible mini pack in rear with hangers and shackles.

The day I picked it up.

First Mod was upgraded the taillights to 06s
Then picked up 5 Eagle wheels with low tread nittos.

Then I demolded her.

The exhasut ran out to the back so I had it cut and dumped under the bed.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
and then?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Received some parts from BTF in upland. Also got some shocks in from Baja Racing Supply in AZ. Great guys!

Mounted a fullsize spare in the stock location. FIT PERFECT!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My buddy that's on here Wagonboy hooked me up with his old BMS shackles. So I installed them because I can. No real reason to have them yet.

My lower arm holes where ovaled out so I made some weld washers to get put in.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the tear down began!

The lower holes where fucked up!

Repainted everything. Once I find a set of spindles I'll get everything powdercoated but for now I really needed my alignment fixed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went out on a local dirt road after the rain and heard a loud clunk out of the front end. When I inspected I found my drivers side shock had over extended and snapped. I knew I needed longer shocks since these where stockers. I'm debating whether to get some 5100s for the front or getting a fox/king 2.0 upgrade with a resi.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I went out on a local dirt road after the rain and heard a loud clunk out of the front end. When I inspected I found my drivers side shock had over extended and snapped. I knew I needed longer shocks since these where stockers. I'm debating whether to get some 5100s for the front or getting a fox/king 2.0 upgrade with a resi.

lol That's badass

1 - 9 of 9 Posts